How do I stop female cats from marking my house?

Two female cats, peeing on new bed,blankets,&carpet. don't want to break 5 yr old son's heart by getting rid of.

Two female cats, peeing on new bed,blankets,&carpet. don't want to break 5 yr old son's heart by getting rid of....
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I stop female cats from marking my house?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I stop female cats from marking my house?

How do I stop female cats from marking my house? Other Pet Discussions
      Two female cats, peeing on new bed,blankets,&carpet. don't want to break 5 yr old son's heart by getting rid of.

How do I stop female cats from marking my house? Other Pet Discussions
    • At the pet store (Petsmart) they have a spray that you spray on areas where you want to repel the cats. I don't think you can use it on bedding though, just carpet.

• They are probably under a lot of stress staying in the same house, that's why they spray everywhere. Can you get rid of 1 cat and let your son favorite cat stay or separate them by not letting them to see each other. It should eliminate your problem.

• Have you changed the brand of your cat litter?. If this is something that has just started look at any changes in the household that could be stressing your cat. Do not clean up with a ammonia based product as this will keep attracting the cat back to the same spot

• No do not make them outdoor cats, outdoor cats get diseases, hit by cars, they get into fights. Male cats spray to mark their territory, I have never heard of a female cat peeing on things as a means of marking. The first thing you have to do is get them spayed, it is better not only for them but for you, it calms them and makes them better pets. second are you keeping their litter box cleaned, try having two boxes, cats are very clean and can be offended by another cats mess. Keep them confined in the room with the litter box, for a few days. But ma'am please get your cats fixed it is so important, and please keep them indoors, I have 3 cats, 1 is 20 years old, I let them out in the back yard to run and play, but I watch them. If none of my suggestions work, just ask your vet for some help. and again get them spayed.They are wonderful pets, but just like kids they need to guided and taught. please be patient.