How do you make New York City apartment windows safe for small pets?

How can I block off my high-rise, New York City apartment windows so that my cat will be safe? Simply adding a screen will not be enough because she often pushes against the screen when she sees a bird. I've seen child safety bars but I think the bars…

How can I block off my high-rise, New York City apartment windows so that my cat will be safe? Simply adding a screen will not be enough because she often pushes against the screen when she sees a bird. I've seen child safety bars but I think the bars…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do you make New York City apartment windows safe for small pets?...

• How do you make New York City apartment windows safe for small pets?

How do you make New York City apartment windows safe for small pets? Other Pet Discussions
      How can I block off my high-rise, New York City apartment windows so that my cat will be safe? Simply adding a screen will not be enough because she often pushes against the screen when she sees a bird. I've seen child safety bars but I think the bars are too far apart for a small animal. I'd also still like to get some sunlight. Is there a specific product made for this and where can I find it?

How do you make New York City apartment windows safe for small pets? Other Pet Discussions
    • Install a heavy duty screen (or a large sheet of Plexiglas) that is also mounted on the wall (interior or exterior), that way when she pushes at it, it will hold.You can also try installing a different type of window; they make some that open vertically instead of horizontally, so you can lower the top portion of the window rather than the bottom. That way your pet is safe and you can let sunshine and fresh air in.Pet stores sell something called "sticky paws" that is generally used on furniture, but might work here, too. The idea is simple; it's a strip of sticky tape that will discourage the pet from touching it again.