What size of dock should I get for my 20 gallon aquatic turtle tank?

I own 2 baby red eared sliders (res) & I'm planning to get a ZOO MED TURTLE DOCK, so what size should I purchase, MINI, S, M, L?

I own 2 baby red eared sliders (res) & I'm planning to get a ZOO MED TURTLE DOCK, so what size should I purchase, MINI, S, M, L?...
    Other Pet Discussions : What size of dock should I get for my 20 gallon aquatic turtle tank?...

• What size of dock should I get for my 20 gallon aquatic turtle tank?

What size of dock should I get for my 20 gallon aquatic turtle tank? Other Pet Discussions
      I own 2 baby red eared sliders (res) & I'm planning to get a ZOO MED TURTLE DOCK, so what size should I purchase, MINI, S, M, L?

What size of dock should I get for my 20 gallon aquatic turtle tank? Other Pet Discussions
    • have you thought about building your own turtle basking area in side the glass tank? i did and it looks great i then filled it with sand and the environment now looks natural with its own beach if you need any help iwould be happy to advise

• 20 IS TO SMALLAustinsturtlepage.com’ has all info on care and feeding RESCUING and PICTURES for all LAND and AQUATIC turtles.*** Ten gallons per inch of each turtle!! Sliders, westerns, eastern’s, cooter’s , midland, painted, map, yellow bellied ,are all are basically the same and require the same basic care. If you are sold a turtle under 4” then it is illegal and gives of a sickness called salmonella.They will bite VERY hard. Under 4" they carry a disease called 'salmonella'. So you should wash after every handling ANY size turtle or reptile anyway. ** EACH 4" turtle needs a 55 gallon tank to start anything would be cruel. Two turtles 75 to 100 gallons. ***And my pictures don't lie. All ages and all sizes get along as long as their is allot for SWIM ROOM and PLENTY TO EAT! TThey can become cannibalistic if you have 2 or more turtles and a small environment. They will kill off the smallest and then fight for the tank for themselves. Mine get along cause they have an abundance of food to eat...always. I buy 1000 plus fish a month plus the fruits and veggies.They NEED calcium and protein they get it from the fish meat and the fish bones. Drop 30 or 50 or so feeder guppies or small goldfish or in the tank and watch them disappear in a few days! Did you know that they need to bask under a reptile light UVA/UVB for up to 8 hrs a day for the vitamin D that they need to grow. TOSS in a bird cattle bone in the water for calcium that will promote better shell growth, it will dissolve real slowly and if they eat it that’s fine!!**Remember, you need a heater...set at 83 / 85 degrees. If water is cold they will stop eating!Plus I also feed dried cubed blood worms or tubiflex worms or pellets at least 5 times a week for my five..They can have garden worms which I collect after a good rain and dump them in the pond, also meal worms, snails, crickets, flies, crayfish small frogs, slugs, tadpoles, ghost shrimp , dragon flies and anything that moves, but only as a treat.They need leafy greens Romaine, Butter lettuce. (Iceberg and cabbage are bad for them, any other leafy greens will do) for vitamin A that they need at least 4 to 5 times a week.They love grapes and strawberries and squash , apples cut up.. drop in water a few pieces at a time.**** If these are hatchlings a 1” and a tad over they may need to have their live food half dead by leaving the fish out of water for a few minutes (10minutes) and put in the tank. That way the baby can get the meat he needs and the fish can’t out run the baby turtle.Plus ‘some leafy green’ and vitamin A ‘fruits’ cut up a COUPLE times a week.’ Swollen cloudy eyes comes from lack of Vitamin A. Which we all need for good eyes. These turtles in captivity do not. They cannot hear well and they feel you coming by the vibrations each foot step take, and by shadows they see.So they need a turtle basking dock.**Gravel larger than they can swallow, allot larger.Better no gravel at all, easier to clean.Their water needs to be clean otherwise the get sick easily from dirty water caused by their poop allot.You need a GREAT filter system depending on the tank in a 60 gallon my girls were in one year’s ago. I used two double sided marine or penguin filters…It really helped keep it cleaner! Size for basic aquatic turtle is approx Body length: 6-8" is average for males, up to 12 inches max for females, but average is about 9 to 10“ in captivity. Life span: 15-25+ year’s plus. Males have the longer front nails and are used in mating. Are considered mature at about 5 yrs old. You can’t start sexing till about 3” across. Real mating happens in May through June and hatchlings within 90 days. Eggs are laid in soil. If laid in water they will die. Mating dance happens all year long with my 5 !They sleep at the bottom of rivers, streams. lakes or ponds or your tank to avoid predators like coyotes, foxes, owls, hawks, possums, raccoons and even some wide mouth bass and us humans.***Some sicknesses they get easily like shell Rot is actual holes rotting through the shell. **Respiratory sickness, lopsided swimming, coughing, vomiting, blowing bubbles from their nose. Treatment is 10 days of injections of Baytril (enrofloxacin) liquid into the front legs. To do this, you must consult a vet to get the antibiotic and the proper dosage. Do not guess on the dose.** Increase water to 85 degrees. Swollen or cloudy eyes due to lack of vitamin A fruits and veggies.Petco has drops.Fungus white cotton patches on their skin. Metabolic bone disease means an inadequate calcium and/or a vitamin D3 deficiency. The earliest symptoms are the softening of the plastron, underside of the shell.Septicemia is the fancy medical word for blood poisoning. What it means is that something bad is in your turtle's body and it have created toxins in the blood. These toxic are deadly and the turtle needs to be placed on meds ASAP to prevent death. Ther

• Little baby red ear sliders are awesome. Good choice on that dock I have a couple myself and they work great. Just make sure you keep the dock a good distance away from your basking light. For the size I would say medium to large. This way when your turtles get bigger you can bring the same turtle dock to your next size aquarium. As of the person who said 20 gallons is to small, I disagree. If they are babies that will be fine until they get bigger.

• minis are tiny, i think they are made for newts and frogs. and i have a large in my 120 gallon indoor pond so that would be to big, those are the only two that i have seen, so i would say a small would work for now or a medium for them to grow into.are they hatchlings? if so a medium would allow room to grow and would probably be a tight squeeze for a 20 gallon tank, but so will the turtles in a couple months so i would get a medium if i was you and plan on getting a bigger tank.btw zoo med docks rock!...have yet to see a better one, just dont mess with those zoo med logs unless your using it as a second dock.seans right 20 will be fine for now !

• A medium sized Zoo Med is what I had in my 20 gallon. It will work. I don't know why everyone elses comments above are so complicated lol, you asked a simple question

• holy crap.. i HATE when people copy n paste from austins turtle pageok i started off my turtle in a 20 long tank.. filled it to the top and had a lid with the lights on. t heres a zoo med i believe thats a circle.. i started with that.. but for 2 turtles.. i would go with a small to medium.. the 20 g tank will only last you about 6 months.. i would look on kijiji or Craigslist to get started on looking at bigger tanks.. go with a 120 MINIMUM! they say 10 gallons per inch of shell but thats not necessary.. 120 will be enough for both..i bought a 125g for $200 may i suggest getting rid of the turtles now b4 you get attached.. i love my turtle.. but the girl costs me close to a grand so far $200 -tank (good deal)$300 - for the filter alone$100 - food (per year)$150 - decorations for the tank$120 - lights and heatersnow a most pet stores have a good turtle starter kit.. it comes with everything you need for about the first 8-12 months its the Zilla starter kit