What fish should i put in my 20 gallon freshwater tank?

Okay so i have 2 dwarf flag cichlids (not breeding) and 1 male bristlenose (i am going to add a female). Now i removed 5 congo tetras yesterday and my cichlids have gone very shy. What would be a tightly schooling, reasonably hardy dither fish for the…

Okay so i have 2 dwarf flag cichlids (not breeding) and 1 male bristlenose (i am going to add a female). Now i removed 5 congo tetras yesterday and my cichlids have gone very shy. What would be a tightly schooling, reasonably hardy dither fish for the…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What fish should i put in my 20 gallon freshwater tank?...

• What fish should i put in my 20 gallon freshwater tank?

What fish should i put in my 20 gallon freshwater tank? Other Pet Discussions
      Okay so i have 2 dwarf flag cichlids (not breeding) and 1 male bristlenose (i am going to add a female). Now i removed 5 congo tetras yesterday and my cichlids have gone very shy. What would be a tightly schooling, reasonably hardy dither fish for the tank. And how many could i put in. Are neons tightly schooling.

What fish should i put in my 20 gallon freshwater tank? Other Pet Discussions
    • Ok What you want do do is put different species of schooling fish with them not just tetras so Neon's are great but also try other schooling fish like guppies but be aware if you by make and female guppies it is the next baby boom. so if your not into breeding stick to male guppies as they are generally the more stunning of the female and male guppies. I have 2 Bala Sharks in mine as well as 15 Neons and 8 Guppies Along with a couple of black skirt tetras. I would not recommend angle fish as they do nip at other fish's tails and fins which in the long run can kill them. i have a 4 foot tank full of my tropical fish they seem perfectly happy. I am going to buy a couple of dwarf flag cichlids soon as well as they are a wonderful fish and would fit right in with the others.In your case you could put at least 10 neons 1 bala shark 5 guppies or so and keep the ones you have.I hope this helpskind regards,the kid

• neon's school well. my roseline sharks get shy when i take out the active small fish out of the tank. my dwarf cichlids died a few months ago and my roseline sharks became shy i put in 3 lemon tetra and my sharks are back to normal :0)tetra'ssmall barbsat lest 3 should do well of either of these. i noticed that neons do school tightly. i had 5 tiger barbs together once but the became a nuisance(trouble makers/ obnoxious) after they got full sized.

• what about those rummy noses you wanted?i would still recommend a school of 6 neons, rummy noses, silver tips, glowlight tetras, black neon, cardinal, and x-rays.you could try a school of danios, and maybe a group of barbs( a group so they wouldn't nip the other fish)