How do you make a puppy stop licking you so much?

I have a 3 month old puppy, and she will not stop licking me! She loves to lick my face, arms, hands, legs, feet, even hair! Is this a sign of affection or something else?

I have a 3 month old puppy, and she will not stop licking me! She loves to lick my face, arms, hands, legs, feet, even hair! Is this a sign of affection or something else?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do you make a puppy stop licking you so much?...

• How do you make a puppy stop licking you so much?

How do you make a puppy stop licking you so much? Other Pet Discussions
      I have a 3 month old puppy, and she will not stop licking me! She loves to lick my face, arms, hands, legs, feet, even hair! Is this a sign of affection or something else?

How do you make a puppy stop licking you so much? Other Pet Discussions
    • It could be that she is looking for a meal as puppies lick their mom's mouth as it triggers regurgitation. They also could just lick because they like the taste of your skin or the salt. I believe that there is no evidence to support that it is a sign of affection. I think it is really sweet that she is licking you as I still view it as a kiss despite what anyone says.

• That's just what most puppies do! I think it's a sign of affection. If you want her to not lick so much, though, then whenever she starts licking too much, just stop play or stop attention. Stand up and look up to the ceiling (or turn your back to her) for about 30 seconds. Then reach back down to her and pet her. If she doesn't lick you, praise her and continue to play. If she licks you again, ignore again. Soon she will get the idea.But, I'm not sure you want to do this. If you have a healthy puppy, I think licking is quite cute. You can always turn your head to avoid her licking your face, and train her to respect your personal space so she's not all up in your face all the time.