How can I reduce the amount of dander that one of my cat produces?

I have two other cats that do not have a dander problem. My 4 year old black female produces a large amount of dander on her lower back. I brush or comb her to remove the excess, but see only very temporary results. I have tried adding a small amount…

I have two other cats that do not have a dander problem. My 4 year old black female produces a large amount of dander on her lower back. I brush or comb her to remove the excess, but see only very temporary results. I have tried adding a small amount…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I reduce the amount of dander that one of my cat produces?...

• How can I reduce the amount of dander that one of my cat produces?

How can I reduce the amount of dander that one of my cat produces? Other Pet Discussions
      I have two other cats that do not have a dander problem. My 4 year old black female produces a large amount of dander on her lower back. I brush or comb her to remove the excess, but see only very temporary results. I have tried adding a small amount of oils to her diet but this does not seem to make a difference.

How can I reduce the amount of dander that one of my cat produces? Other Pet Discussions
    • I had this problem with a cat once and the vet told me to wash my cat with baby shampoo. I don't know if they still recommend this because this happened like 15 years ago.

• souds like your kitty may have dry skin in the winter months and you may need to change his diet and give extra water also a good brushing once a day helps if this dosent help add a touch of olive oil to his diet

• I had a cat that did this. I used to rub her down once a week with kitty wipes. they are like a kitty bath in wipe form. I found them at the pet store, and they work really well. (she smelled better too!)good luck!