What is the best way to get an old pet odor?

There has been a pet odor in the carpet sense we moved in. I have tried everything to get rid of it, but nothing works.What are the best ways to get rid of an odor in the carpet without actually pulling up the carpet?

There has been a pet odor in the carpet sense we moved in. I have tried everything to get rid of it, but nothing works.What are the best ways to get rid of an odor in the carpet without actually pulling up the carpet?...
    Other Pet Discussions : What is the best way to get an old pet odor?...

• What is the best way to get an old pet odor?

What is the best way to get an old pet odor? Other Pet Discussions
      There has been a pet odor in the carpet sense we moved in. I have tried everything to get rid of it, but nothing works.What are the best ways to get rid of an odor in the carpet without actually pulling up the carpet?

What is the best way to get an old pet odor? Other Pet Discussions
    • i was watching a television show he other night called how clean is your house. the people on there had the same problem they suggested using tide to and warm water to clean up stains and odors from pets....its worth a try to not have the odor

• There is this stuff called exstink. You can get it at www.exstink.com or a few other places. The web page tells you all about it and the different forms that you can buy. From personal experience I can tell you that this stuff really does work, my family has a few rent houses and it has gotten rid of every smell that we've had to deal with. And it's perfectly safe to use around kids and pets.It's a little expensive but considering what you would spend to just 'mask' the odor...

• Try Nature's Miracle, you can find it at most pet supply stores. I recommend it to all of my customers, and I have never gotten a bad comment about it. Everyone I've talked to has said it works great.

• I would rent a shampoo machine and carpet clean the floor. After that, baking soda with any spice that smells nice..put it on the floor light coat before vacumming. It is cheaper than buying the carpet with baking soda in it.Also, 1 part vinigar, 2 part water with spice in a bowl will help with the odor in the air. Once the spice drops in the bottom, it's time to throw away. I did hear on "Pet Talk" (99.7 sunday 3pm to 5pm) that vinigar and lemon juice to wash the walls helps too with odor.Unfortunely, the old owner had an old dog that did it's business in the first bedroom. I had to remove it and seal the wood and put new carpet in. Because my dogs smelled it and did their business in that room. When you do decide to replace the carpeting, I would seal it. It is hard to remove the odor to an animal. They will mark the area because of smell. Good luck and I hope that help you.

• The smell may have seeped into the floor boards, you may not be able to get rid of it unless you pull up the carpet and redo the floor. Especially if you have done everything you can think of to get it up.