How long does it take for chicks to grow into chickens?

I just recieved some bantams from a local breeder, and I'm rather new to this. Any other tips (on chick raising) are muchly appreciated!

I just recieved some bantams from a local breeder, and I'm rather new to this. Any other tips (on chick raising) are muchly appreciated!...
    Other Pet Discussions : How long does it take for chicks to grow into chickens?...

• How long does it take for chicks to grow into chickens?

How long does it take for chicks to grow into chickens? Other Pet Discussions
      I just recieved some bantams from a local breeder, and I'm rather new to this. Any other tips (on chick raising) are muchly appreciated!

How long does it take for chicks to grow into chickens? Other Pet Discussions
    • Raising chickens is easy once u get used to it! Okay, its normal to have a few die even to have one chick to get picked on (if it starts bleeding move to different cage) and to peck each others eyes.O If one chick has one leg sticking(spradle leg) out move to a different cage make sure water and food r easy to reach. When u first get them clean there butts then put them in there cage and dip there beaks in the water(put marbles in the water so they'll see it) have a heat lamp over head to about 90. Every week raise the lamp a little bit higher. give them chick feed(ask the local growing for advice) They start growing combs in about 5 weeks. Itll be easier to tell if u have any roosters. The roosters will start crowing in a few weeks. The first eggs will be tiny little things but mostly double-yokers until they get older. I think bantams lay brown eggs... If u plan to eat or just want them to be healthy feed them grass-but yet have them on grass(give them a shelter that can be closed for the night). They will fly but not much. O feed them ur food scraps no chicken scraps or bones of any sort! But cow meat will work.