How can I remove two Japanese Goldfish from our lake without killing them?

We have two Japanese Goldfish in our lake. They live in this one section and they will not leave, they are killing all of the other fish in our lake. We have a dog who loves to swim in our lake and we are just worried that some how she will get bitten by…

We have two Japanese Goldfish in our lake. They live in this one section and they will not leave, they are killing all of the other fish in our lake. We have a dog who loves to swim in our lake and we are just worried that some how she will get bitten by…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I remove two Japanese Goldfish from our lake without killing them?...

• How can I remove two Japanese Goldfish from our lake without killing them?

How can I remove two Japanese Goldfish from our lake without killing them? Other Pet Discussions
      We have two Japanese Goldfish in our lake. They live in this one section and they will not leave, they are killing all of the other fish in our lake. We have a dog who loves to swim in our lake and we are just worried that some how she will get bitten by them or they will multiply. Is there anyway we can get rid of them without killing them. They are pretty big.*The little section of lake is ours, they seem to like that single section. Is there anyway of getting rid of them?

How can I remove two Japanese Goldfish from our lake without killing them? Other Pet Discussions
    • Do you mean koi? Koi can grow over 2 feet in length and are more than likely what you are seeing. A dog is in no danger of being bitten by a koi or goldfish. Mine nibble my fingers when I feed them. If they bother you that much, contact a local pond supply shop and ask if they would accept them as donations. Then find a very large net and bucket to take them in.

• There's the old tried and true....fish for them.If they are as big and aggressive as you say they will bite.Hook them out and send them to a public pond or aquarium.Call around to see if anybody wants them first.There's the even older....build a fish trap.Plans all over the place on how to build them.Once again...check to see if anyone wants them first.Could just check with the local Fish and Wildlife Division (or whatever government division that handles the flora and fauna where you're at) and report them as "nuisance wildlife".Of course,the way they'll handle it would just hurt your feelings.