How long is the gestation on a Dalmation Molly?

I have a female Dalmation Molly who I have had for several weeks now. She is in a tank with a Black Sailfin Molly male and a Dalmation Lyretail Molly male. Recently I noticed she is rather well rounded. I put her in the breeder net. How long should I…

I have a female Dalmation Molly who I have had for several weeks now. She is in a tank with a Black Sailfin Molly male and a Dalmation Lyretail Molly male. Recently I noticed she is rather well rounded. I put her in the breeder net. How long should I…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How long is the gestation on a Dalmation Molly?...

• How long is the gestation on a Dalmation Molly?

How long is the gestation on a Dalmation Molly? Other Pet Discussions
      I have a female Dalmation Molly who I have had for several weeks now. She is in a tank with a Black Sailfin Molly male and a Dalmation Lyretail Molly male. Recently I noticed she is rather well rounded. I put her in the breeder net. How long should I expect it to take her to have babies, so I will know when to let her out if she does not have any.

How long is the gestation on a Dalmation Molly? Other Pet Discussions
    • This is a tricky question to answer.The length varies depending on several factors. If all water conditions are perfect you are looking at 3 to 4 weeks. On the flip side if you have poor water quality (high Ammonia, Nitrate and Nitrite Levels) and the temperature of the water is not right it could literally take months. Mollys can actually have several batches of fry over several months from one encounter with their male counterpart.

• When my tank is warm and I have a lot of plants growing (with algae) I have more babies than I know what to do with. Live Bearing fish have a lot of control over their breeding... too bad people don't have that much choice/control. LOL!