How can I get my kitten to stop attacking the other cats?

He randomly comes up and attacks my cat and its not really being playful. My cat hates it. How can I get him to stop?He is declawed. He is accually the same size as the other cats now because he is seven month old. I wake up to my cat growling at him and…

He randomly comes up and attacks my cat and its not really being playful. My cat hates it. How can I get him to stop?He is declawed. He is accually the same size as the other cats now because he is seven month old. I wake up to my cat growling at him and…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I get my kitten to stop attacking the other cats?...

• How can I get my kitten to stop attacking the other cats?

How can I get my kitten to stop attacking the other cats? Other Pet Discussions
      He randomly comes up and attacks my cat and its not really being playful. My cat hates it. How can I get him to stop?He is declawed. He is accually the same size as the other cats now because he is seven month old. I wake up to my cat growling at him and she really hates him.and if i squirt him with water he dosent respond and it will get my bed all wet alond with the cat that didnt do anythingIts not that im afaid they will get hurt. ITs that they keep waking me up.My older cat does fight back but its at night and it needs to stop

How can I get my kitten to stop attacking the other cats? Other Pet Discussions
    • Try putting those plastic front claw covers on him. At least he won't be able to scratch them. Might keep him from scratching upholstery and drapes too - which might turn into his next targets of aggression/opportunity.When they are young, they are feisty. He might grow out of it, eventually.

• as you probably know ......its very rare to be able to get a cat to DO anything. the big cat should be able to protect herself even though it is annoying. the kitten is just playing ...

• The kitten is just playing. Where as it appears the little thing is getting the best of the older cat, it isn't.... The older cat is getting pissed... because it doesn't want to play, or it sees that there is another feline about, and it's rule of the house has ceased. Give the older one a little time, and it will begin to play back

• cats hate being squirted with a water bottle. i used a squirt gun on many cats and dogs, and even my kids. it doesn't hurt the cat, but they get the message if you're consistent. you can't squirt the cat every time they do something wrong. it has to be for that specific behavior that you want them to stop

• What it's doing is completely natural. If you've ever seen a documentary on big cats, the cubs are invariably pouncing on the larger cats. Their instintively honing their hunting skills.

• I've seen this many times because almost all of my friends have cats and whenever a small cat and the existing cat in the residence meet up they will both fight. This will usually calm down after a few weeks. There is really nothing you can do about it, they will eventually get along once they learn their place. If you interfere it is possible that they may fight for a longer period of time. Just let it happen, it's pretty rare that they end up injuring eachother.

• You know it's "purrfectly" normal for kitties to play rough. This allows them time to bond with the other cats. The other cats know too that she's just a baby allthough it may seem that they get irritated by it. They won't hurt the kitty. My kitty is an ankle biter to my other cats and she has them rolling around as if she's wrestling with them. They love it and so does she. Very NORMAL feline behavior...Goodluck.

• It is very normal for kittens to be hyper like that. My advice is let them battle it out and see what happens. If your adult cat gets ticked off enough she'll swat the kitten with her paw and he probably won't do that again!