How do I get my cats to stop pooping everywhere?

My cats are both female, both relatively the same age (2 weeks) apart. I don't think that should make a difference but anyways, my cats tend to poo on the carpet or somewhere on the floor and not in the litter box. The cats know where the litter box is…

My cats are both female, both relatively the same age (2 weeks) apart. I don't think that should make a difference but anyways, my cats tend to poo on the carpet or somewhere on the floor and not in the litter box. The cats know where the litter box is…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I get my cats to stop pooping everywhere?...

• How do I get my cats to stop pooping everywhere?

How do I get my cats to stop pooping everywhere? Other Pet Discussions
      My cats are both female, both relatively the same age (2 weeks) apart. I don't think that should make a difference but anyways, my cats tend to poo on the carpet or somewhere on the floor and not in the litter box. The cats know where the litter box is but they decided not to use it. How do i get them to use the litter box the whole time and stop them from pooping on the floor?

How do I get my cats to stop pooping everywhere? Other Pet Discussions
    • Try changing the brand of litter. Dust or deodorant smells may make them avoid it. Keep it really clean - scoop alot. Buy a pet stain cleaner that uses enzymes to get rid of the scents in the rug or they will continue to go there. Also have they had checkups lately? Sometimes if they have worms they will avoid using the same spot twice.Good luck!

• where is the litter box? maybe they dont like the location - eg.beside a washing machine can scare themwhat kind of litter?? non-scented clumping is what cats like mostsome hate scented some hate the bigger bits in the other littersare they declawed? failure to use litter box is common in declawed kitties...where they from a farm? again commonI suggest 2 litter boxes or even 3 - keep clean you may even have to RETRAIN THEM by shutting them in a small room with the litter box for a week or so....

• put them in a small room together for a couple of days and clean out the box daily. Maybe they are not pooping everywhere, maybe they are leaving the litterbox too fast and the turd is still attached and then falls to the floor with all the energy they have after pooping.I have long haired cats and this is what happens with them, so to eliminate this little mishap, I shave their butts! They don't mind, in fact it also helps with the runny stuff as well!

• Are you keeping the litter box clean enough? If not the cats will let you know by not using it if it is dirty. Should be scooping clumps out daily and changing the litter once a week. Also during the litter change good idea to wash the container down. IF you don't wash the container down when changing the litter it will stink and may turn the cats off to using it. Also as mentioned on here. You should one litter box per cat.