why is it that some ignorant people want to breed cats/dogs just for the hell of it?

I've read some of these lame damn questions and answers on the site about why people want to breed their pets and here's (some) of their answers to why: just because I can, I want my female to go through the birthing process because she will be nicer, I…

why is it that some ignorant people want to breed cats/dogs just for the hell of it?

I've read some of these lame damn questions and answers on the site about why people want to breed their pets and here's (some) of their answers to why: just because I can, I want my female to go through the birthing process because she will be nicer, I…...
    General Dog Discussions : why is it that some ignorant people want to breed cats/dogs just for the hell of it?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• why is it that some ignorant people want to breed cats/dogs just for the hell of it?

why is it that some ignorant people want to breed cats/dogs just for the hell of it? General Dog Discussions
      I've read some of these lame damn questions and answers on the site about why people want to breed their pets and here's (some) of their answers to why: just because I can, I want my female to go through the birthing process because she will be nicer, I want to share her, I want kits/pups from her, and she's "special". that is sooooooo stupid. people are just down right ignorant in my opinion. they're NOT breeders. there are millions and millions of cats/dogs put down each year because there is just no home for them. these people are just increasing the huge problem! they're not helping our societys shelters and SPCA's at all! they're just too feakin LAZY to get their animals spayed/neutered. I for one say to everybody: SPAY/NEUTER YOUR CAT/DOG!!!!!!!!!! what do you think? anyone agree with me?I have a dog and two cats. all three are either spayed/neutered.tasha: sorry, but it CAN be helped!! spaying her CAN help!!! even if you can't afford it you can go to your local SPCA and they'll almost spay her for nothing for you. you'll only have to pay about $20! so YOU'RE WRONG, it CAN be helped under every circumstance!!!

why is it that some ignorant people want to breed cats/dogs just for the hell of it? General Dog Discussions
    • I have five dogs and a cat and every animal I rescue gets altered!!! If I rescue a momma and babies babies are altered before they are adopted!!! Thank you keep spreading the word There are too many programs to help get animals altered.

• April i am surprised u didn't comment on my post about **sorry another q** i very much agree with what ur saying but sometime's it cannot be helped under certain circumstance's there is no way i want kitten's i can afford it it was all booked up 45 pound at a Private vet isn't expensive she was pregnant when i got her she had a c section and lost all her kitten's i don't know y they didn't spay her at the time i changed vet's who told me to Waite 8 week's until she had recovered she got out 2 week's after she had the c section and went missing for nearly 7 week's and by that time my vet wouldn't abort as she was to far along i have 5 cat's she is the only one who hasn't been spayed i have another female who has been spayed and 3 Male's all of witch has been nurtured , all my cat's have been stray's or unwanted by there owner's and this is the first cat i have had who has had any kitten's i have 3 young children who open the door's i had to put lilly away in the bedroom so she wouldn't get out!! i had left a window open just a tiny bit , the bedroom is on the second floor of the house she must have pushed it open and got out that way all i am saying is it couldn't be helped on my part the owner b4 hand yes she could have done something but she didn't and i have had to pay so far nearly 700 pound in vet bill's since feb this yr when we got her from someone who no longer wanted her

• Oh I do agree with you 100%The overpopulation of dogs and cats is a tragedy resulting in the suffering and premature death of MILLIONS of companion animals EVERY YEAR. Dogs and cats reproduce at such an alarming rate; there simply are not enough proper homes for the MILLIONS of surplus animals born every year.It may seem difficult to see your connection to overpopulation, but if your dog or cat is not yet spayed or neutered, you are potentially part of the problem. An animal who is spayed or neutered is an animal that CANNOT get pregnant or impregnate another, even if the animal accidentally slips out of a home and becomes a stray. Solving the overpopulation problem requires the cooperation of all pet owners to do their part to fulfill all of the requirements of a responsible pet owner—including controlling their reproduction through spaying or neutering.Every pet owner makes the choice to be part of the problem or part of the solution to overpopulation. Consider the following facts: Neutered/spayed pets are less aggressive, less likely to fight, and less likely to bite, as documented in studies. Neutered/spayed pets (especially males) are less territorial and less likely to roam. Research indicates that 80% of dogs hit by cars are unaltered males. Neutered pets are less likely to mark furniture and rugs with urine. Spayed females will not have heat cycles that soil rugs and furniture and usually shed less fur. Neutered pets can't develop testicular tumors, the second most common malignancy in males, and have a lower incidence of prostate cancer, which is better for your pet and means lower medical bills. Spayed females typically stay healthier and live longer. They have a lower incidence of mammary tumors and no uterine or ovarian cancers, which is better for your pet and means lower medical bills. Sterilization does not change the pet's personality or cause weight gain. Removing the urge to mate focuses more of a pet's attention on the caregiver, aiding in training. Sterilized pets behave better.With pet overpopulation continually rising,its IRRESPONSIBLE pet ownership,NOT to have your pet spayed/neutered! It makes sense!!! What are you waitnig for,spay/neuter today!!!

• of course I agree with youthere are also a great many who breed to make money because there are an equally large amount of ignorant people who will pay for part bred pups....One thing I hate hearing is "well none of my kittens were killed, I found homes for all of them"firstly how do you know that the homes were good? or that they still even have the kittenssecondly for every kitten that found a home it means somebody elses kitten did not

• I totally agree with you !! Who cares if the dogs are big or little and cute or a cat of any breed....they are still animals out there that a home must be found for. If people would take responsibility for their pets and not let them get bred our shelters would not be so full. I have been behind the scene at the OSPCA and if any of those people saw the amount of cats in crates one on top of the other, room after room they might think differently. Animals will not be "nicer" if they had a litter or not. They are not human and do not think the same way. It is very upsetting how society in this day and age thinks like a cave man. It's time everyone gets to the 21st century and starts acting responsibly. How would any of them feel if they had to live in a trapped cage possibly being put down due to the volumes just waiting for a home.

• I completely agree with you. These people are just plain ignorant and stupid. If everyone would spay/neuter their animals we wouldn't have the huge overpopulation problem that we have today. Unfortunately there are no laws to enforce this and the trend will continue until people get smart enough to realize they are helping cause the problem.SPAY/NEUTER YOUR PETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• There is a real difference between people who are breeding pedigreed animals and people who are just irresponsibly letting mutts and moggies get pregnant. A pure bread Siamese cat or Standard Poodle can always find a home. If people take care to breed for temperament too. Anybody read "Marley life with the worlds worst dog"? This is a book about a guy who bought a Yellow Lab that was basically untrainable. It's a nightmare. I have one cat now and the shelter I got her from spayed her before they let her be adopted. Fine with me. I love cats but I would not have an unfixed one on the premises. Who wants to put up with all that spraying and yowling and stink? A fixed cat is a much calmer and cleaner smelling pet. I know some men hate to have a male cat neutered because they over identify with kitty. Get over it guys. Cat sex is not like human sex. To get any Mr. Cat has to fight off a bunch of rivals. That's why he comes back home with his ears all torn up. And it only lasts a few minutes anyway. Too many homeless animals are killed. I don't think is fair or right to put a female animal thru the stress of a pregnancy if the babies are just going to be born to die. What good is that? It really does not cost so much to fix a cat or dog. Call around. Many vets discount the surgery because then they become "Fluffy's doctor" and you call them when some thing else goes wrong. Many vets take credit cards or will let you spread out payments over a couple of months.And another thing. The first cat I ever had, she went into heat when she was about 7 months old. I was so stupid then I thought a cat had to be a year old to go into heat. Not so. I call the vet and made an appointment to get her spayed in three days. Well you know how determined cats can be. She got out despite all my care and made a feline beeline for this orange male (who should have been fixed) who lived across the street and and made a spectacle of herself. I called the vet to cancel the spay. They asked me why? did I want the kittens. I said of course not. They told me to bring cat in.

• well for your information I am going to breed my dog one time and give the pups to family.It is not easy finding a great dog and she is a wonderful dog great temp ect.On the other hand I own a weimeraner and i would never allow that dog to have pups.It is all a matter of personal opinion.I will tell my daughter to get off this ignorant web site and stop listening to ignorant people this is a free world and our chi is so spoiled and well cared for and the vet is also said it is fine to breed her.Also people are not too freeking lazy to get a pet spayed.It is a matter of personal opinion.I also adopted a dog from the pound and i chose the ugliest dog there.leave people alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!