Can I give my dog Saw Palmetto?

My dog has an enlarged prostate. We have had several tests run, and still do not know what's causing it. We're switching to another veterinarian soon, but both medications he's on (Baytril and Cytomax) have not really improved his condition. He still has…

My dog has an enlarged prostate. We have had several tests run, and still do not know what's causing it. We're switching to another veterinarian soon, but both medications he's on (Baytril and Cytomax) have not really improved his condition. He still has…...
    General Dog Discussions : Can I give my dog Saw Palmetto?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can I give my dog Saw Palmetto?

Can I give my dog Saw Palmetto? General Dog Discussions
      My dog has an enlarged prostate. We have had several tests run, and still do not know what's causing it. We're switching to another veterinarian soon, but both medications he's on (Baytril and Cytomax) have not really improved his condition. He still has much trouble defecating. We're already giving him softer foods to help him pass everything, but sometimes he strains and nothing comes out but a few drops. He is an 7 year old, neutered english cocker spaniel.

Can I give my dog Saw Palmetto? General Dog Discussions
    • I found this link that discusses the use on dogs. It seems that you can but need to find one that doesn't contain phyto estrogens. My Dr. prescribed it to my hubby for enlargement and it helped him. I wouldd double check with your vet before giving him alternative medicine.