Just got a 6 wk old puppy 2 days ago I just saw a white rice thing on it I have another dog can it have it now?

Concerned for my children and my other dog. Vet can't get us in until Thursday.

Just got a 6 wk old puppy 2 days ago I just saw a white rice thing on it I have another dog can it have it now?

Concerned for my children and my other dog. Vet can't get us in until Thursday....
    General Dog Discussions : Just got a 6 wk old puppy 2 days ago I just saw a white rice thing on it I have another dog can it have it now?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Just got a 6 wk old puppy 2 days ago I just saw a white rice thing on it I have another dog can it have it now?

Just got a 6 wk old puppy 2 days ago I just saw a white rice thing on it I have another dog can it have it now? General Dog Discussions
      Concerned for my children and my other dog. Vet can't get us in until Thursday.

Just got a 6 wk old puppy 2 days ago I just saw a white rice thing on it I have another dog can it have it now? General Dog Discussions
    • Your puppy probably has worms, you can get wormer from just about anywhere. But if you worm your puppy be best to just go ahead and worm all your dogs. As long as your kids dont get near it they will be fine. Hope this helps.

• That would be the tapeworm larvae, the only way your children can get it, is if they get on in their mouth and swallow it. So, keep the puppy isolated til Thurs. Same is true for the other dog, it has to be swallowed. Fleas carry the tapeworm larvae, so you better look for them in puppy and other dog.The rice looking thing is the larvae. Tapeworm is shaped like a tape measure, w/segments ever quarter inch or so....these are flat and whitish, but do not look like rice. They look like a segment of a tape measure. FLAT.YOu also have to have a wormer that specifically says it kills tapeworms...not just any wormer will work.

• These are segments of tape worm.You will need a wormer that kills tape worm. All wormers do not kill tape worms.It can be passed if any people or dogs swallow the segments.Fleas carry the larva of this type of worm so you need to treat every animal in the home and the home and yard for fleas also.