Can my dog have a urine culture done while on antibiotics?

I just found out that a urine culture should have been done on my dog before my vet put my dog on two doses of antibiotics. The problem is my dog can't go more than 2 days without antibiotics without peeing blood again. She is only a pup and is on her…

I just found out that a urine culture should have been done on my dog before my vet put my dog on two doses of antibiotics. The problem is my dog can't go more than 2 days without antibiotics without peeing blood again. She is only a pup and is on her…...
    General Dog Discussions : Can my dog have a urine culture done while on antibiotics?...

• Can my dog have a urine culture done while on antibiotics?

Can my dog have a urine culture done while on antibiotics? General Dog Discussions
      I just found out that a urine culture should have been done on my dog before my vet put my dog on two doses of antibiotics. The problem is my dog can't go more than 2 days without antibiotics without peeing blood again. She is only a pup and is on her 3rd round, I would do the urine culture today but she is on antibiotics. Can't they just do it with her on antibiotics. I don't want to see her in pain for 7 days, I know the culture will finally tell us whats wrong but I refuse to let her suffer for a whole week. Help this is my first dog and I am not very experienced, she's only 7 months old.

Can my dog have a urine culture done while on antibiotics? General Dog Discussions
    • To get the best results from a culture and sensitivity test it needs to be done about 1 week after the dog is off antibiotics. It will be hard for you to see your dog uncomfortable but it is best. Perhaps your vet could prescribe a medication to help with any pain in the meantime.