Has anyone had a puppy with a hiatal hernia?

I have a 9 week old puppy, who the vet suspects has a hiatal hernia. Has anyone else been in this situation? If so how did the treatment go?

I have a 9 week old puppy, who the vet suspects has a hiatal hernia. Has anyone else been in this situation? If so how did the treatment go?...
    General Dog Discussions : Has anyone had a puppy with a hiatal hernia?...

• Has anyone had a puppy with a hiatal hernia?

Has anyone had a puppy with a hiatal hernia? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 9 week old puppy, who the vet suspects has a hiatal hernia. Has anyone else been in this situation? If so how did the treatment go?

Has anyone had a puppy with a hiatal hernia? General Dog Discussions
    • My dog had a hernia on his belly. It looked like a blown out belly button. He was born with it and his Vet said that some dogs eventually grow them out with time... My dog never did. So when I finally decided to get him fix, ( 1 year later) I took him to an anti-cruelty shelter for his operation and they only charged me $10 more to close up his Hernia. After his surgery, I made sure that he did not over exercises to avoid his incision from opening but overall he was fine after about a week. It's been 2 years now and he's just fine. Good luck.

• I've had dogs with umbilical hernias, and a simple procedure fixed them as puppies. Never had one with a hiatal herhia though. Good luck with your puppy.