how much will it cost me to take a puppy to the vet?

I just got a puppy and just two days ago he vomitted after he finished eating his food. he didn't want to eat anything since then. I am thinking about taking him to the vet but I'm afraid it will cost too much. Does anyone know how much will it cost if I…

I just got a puppy and just two days ago he vomitted after he finished eating his food. he didn't want to eat anything since then. I am thinking about taking him to the vet but I'm afraid it will cost too much. Does anyone know how much will it cost if I…...
    General Dog Discussions : how much will it cost me to take a puppy to the vet?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• how much will it cost me to take a puppy to the vet?

how much will it cost me to take a puppy to the vet? General Dog Discussions
      I just got a puppy and just two days ago he vomitted after he finished eating his food. he didn't want to eat anything since then. I am thinking about taking him to the vet but I'm afraid it will cost too much. Does anyone know how much will it cost if I take my puppy to the vet to treat this illness?

how much will it cost me to take a puppy to the vet? General Dog Discussions
    • The cost will depend on what kind of treatment he needs. There is no way for us to know that. However, when you got the puppy, it became your responsibility to provide him with the care he needs, so, if he's sick, you need to take him to the vet regardless. If you can't afford proper care for a pet, you should never have gotten one.

• It depends what has to be done. If he needs a blood test it might be around 150 dollars, but if its just a standard exam the price will be less. I'm sure the price varies between vets though.

• Do you have a Banfield pet hospital? It's in PetSmart. Well, they have plans for puppies. About 7 years ago, I paid 100 up front and then 20/month. That covered his first shots and all office visits are free. I've had my dog for 7 years and still use Banfield. Now, it's about 15/month and that still covers his shots yearly and has saved me tons of money on minor office visits and medication.

• it may cost up to 100+$ but the cost shouldnt matter, cuz its all about the health of the puppy!!!! if you wont take it to the vet when there is obviously something wrong, its counted as animal cruelty!! and thats illegal!

• My vet costs about $50 for a physical exam. Also has your puppy had its three sets of shots yet? I go to PetCo for vaccines. They have a clinic that does shots which is much cheaper because there is no fee for an exam. Each set cost about $38. Dogs are not cheap!

• My vet charges $50 for the visit. More depending on if they have to do tests or prescribe meds.If your pup hasn't eaten in two days though, you have to take him. That could be serious. It's abuse to deny medical treatment, and you could go to jail.

• There are vets that go on a sliding scale, It depends on the state. if you are in Colorado, Harrison Memorial is the one I take my pets to, and as I said its a sliding scale. Call your dumb friends or humane society for a reference, they will know if you have any in your area.if he is vomiting and not eating he could be seriously ill, so I would try to get him in as soon as possible.just a word on Banfield, i also had a contract with them, I had at the time 2 cats and one dog, and it was about 60.00 per month, but I dont think I would ever go back there again. They told my daughter that her cat was going to die a guresome and painful death (their words) and that we should probably put him down, he had tested positive to a feline lukemia test. Come to find out, the first test is a quickie, and lots of cats test positive at first, so basically the vet freaked us all out, had my daugher in tears for 2 days all over a false positive.I

• need to find something he will eat - maybe a bowl of milk - canned food - etcsomething other than what he threw up onVets charge will depend on your area - and what the diagnosis will be - to solve the problem - may be easy - may be hardall the best

• If you have a pet you should take out pet insurance for just this eventuality.Depending on what the vet does (examination, blood test, x-ray, prescribed medication, etc) the costs could be anything from a few tens of pounds/dollars to well over a hundred. Insurance would allow you to claim it back.

• FIRST of all... make the appt. Ask how much an exam fee is. The you go to the vet, the vet examines your pup then tells you what he/she would like to do and how much it will be. You THEN have the option to go ahead with tests or not. They may even have a payment plan.At LEAST take him in, it's only about $40 for an exam.

• It depends a lot on what is wrong. Probably $60 to $80 for an office visit. More for tests, and meds, if necessary. But if your pup isn't eating, that's a bad sign. You probably need to bite the bullet.

• ill tell you this much they are going to charge just to check em and more to fix it....if it doesnt want to eat make shure it didnt eat no rat poisen bcuz that happend 2 mine it threw up once and wouldnt eat and wouldnt kum out of the doghouse it would just shake in thereso we took it to the vet and they siad it was bleeding internally from the rat poisen it aint and it was going to die so we just paid so it kan be put to sleep....

• plan on about a hundred bucks... if you vomited after you ate and then didn't eat for two days afterwards, wouldn't you see a doctor? if you can't afford that, take the dog to your local animal shelter as they'll be able to provide him with the medical care that he needs and hopefully find him a home with a person or family that will be able to take him to the vet... you may be able to work out a payment plan or be billed for the visit, but please, consult your phone book and call around - a veterinary office may even be able to provide you with some advice, over the phone, about things that you can try to get the puppy to eat...