Why do you think you should, or shouldn't Spay/neuter your dogs?

Im just curious to see what people say about this subject.Why do you think you should spay/neuter?Why do you think you shouldn't?Do you think all dogs should be spayed/neutered, even if the dog's owner is responsible and doesn't let them reproduce?Im…

Im just curious to see what people say about this subject.Why do you think you should spay/neuter?Why do you think you shouldn't?Do you think all dogs should be spayed/neutered, even if the dog's owner is responsible and doesn't let them reproduce?Im…...
    General Dog Discussions : Why do you think you should, or shouldn't Spay/neuter your dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why do you think you should, or shouldn't Spay/neuter your dogs?

Why do you think you should, or shouldn't Spay/neuter your dogs? General Dog Discussions
      Im just curious to see what people say about this subject.Why do you think you should spay/neuter?Why do you think you shouldn't?Do you think all dogs should be spayed/neutered, even if the dog's owner is responsible and doesn't let them reproduce?Im thinking about just letting Aiden stay intact. Why would you say I should or shouldn't?What are your reasons why?I want real opinions please. No one start any fights or arguments, please.

Why do you think you should, or shouldn't Spay/neuter your dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • If you're a responsible dog owner then you don't need to. I think all pet quality dogs should be spayed and neutered. Better for their health and their owners don't need to worry about them getting out and getting a dog pregnant/their dog getting pregnant.

• None of my dogs are spayed/neutered and they will never be. I am capable of stopping any unwanted breedings so the procedure is unnecessary. Spaying and neutering is a personal choice made by the owner

• things happen. your dog could end up having babies. what would you do if that happened? make sure they all got adopted into good homes, or send them to a shelter/pound that may end up putting them to sleep? obviously if you're going to be completely responsible and make sure that any puppies it may have get taken care of, then go for it. but most people have the surgeries on the dogs to help control the number of animals that are out there and have bad homes or no homes.

• SHOULD NOT neuter male dogs ever.If one would avail themselves of MEDICAL RESEARCH that is out there one would see there are ZERO medical benefits to neutering a male dog and a lot of long term health issues- many fatal.Too bad the bunny huggers will spout talking points of testicular cancer and prostate issues without facts. When actually neutering INCREASES prostate issues and testicular cancer is rare and very curable.Female dogs are a gray area and should NOT be spayed prior to maturity for their long term health.If you love your dog and care about his long term health leave him intact. Owning an intact male is not rocket science. Trained males dogs are just as easy to live with as neutered ones.Here are some great links with REAL INFORMATION.http://www.naiaonline.org/pdfs/LongTermHealthEffectsOfSpayNeuterInDogs.pdfThis is an EASY to read article to absorb the medical facts-debunks the prostate/testicular debatehttp://www.civilizednature.com/content/spay_and_neuter/spay_and_neuter.asphttp://www.caninesports.com/SpayNeuter.htmlhttp://www.therio.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=192STUDY from the John Wayne Cancer institute that shows female dogs and people live longer if they keep their ovarieshttp://veterinarynews.dvm360.com/dvm/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/646838And Last but not least the Veterinary study that shows spaying and neutering OFTEN causes behavior issues to GET WORSEhttp://www.cdoca.org/downloads/files/Early%20SN%20and%20Behavior.pdf

• 1. I don't think I should. 2.I don't live someplace with a stupid MSN law and my next dog will be going in the show ring so being intact is needed. Even if he washes out any breeder I would consider buying from is fine with me keeping him intact and unless absolutely needed. I'm also fully capable of keeping an intact dog from mating.3. Nope. If someone is fully responsible and capable of keeping their dog intact, they don't live someplace where they are LEGALLY required to do so I have no problem with them keeping their dog intact. Being intact by itself has no affect on the number of dogs in the world.4-5. i have no opinion on this. You know your capabilities. You can either keep him from mating or you can't. Its as simple as that.

• One of my dogs is not spayed however I am completely responsible and they are not around any male dogs. If you can be responsible then I don't think it's completely necessary. However, a majority of pet owners arn't responsible so they should spay/neuter their pets.

• well heres my honest opinion and im a vet tech assistant so im SUPPOSED to encourage it but its my opinion:I think you should spay/nueter because dogs DO get out, especially larger breeds or small breed sthat can jump or dig walls. their urge to breed makes then blind and thats how dogs get run over, as well as in unwanted puppies who die from no one wanting them, or they breed more. It also has some health benefits.You shouldn't if you know for sure the dog will ALWAYS be in your sight and it is female. Males tend to become aggressive with no release, but its still not an excuse not to. my female isnt spayed merely because she is too old and i got her when i was 8 so how was a kid supposed to know?I think all dogs should be spayed and neutered because you cant always watch your males and females. I have a male and i need to neuter him for better temperment and so he wont impregnate my old dog. You shouldnt because they can get some fatal diseases but not always, but mostly because if it is male it can become aggressive and attack you.

• Why do you think you should spay/neuter? health reasons & personal preferenceWhy do you think you shouldn't? health reasons & personal preferenceDo you think all dogs should be spayed/neutered, even if the dog's owner is responsible and doesn't let them reproduce? Absolutely not. Im thinking about just letting Aiden stay intact. Think it through carefully. There are pros and cons to each.Why would you say I should or shouldn't? I don't have enough information to give a well though out answerWhat are your reasons why? There are LOTS of reasons not to spay or neuter. I have had several intact animals and no unwanted litters. My current intact male is not going to be cut as he is sensitize to medications and I do not want to risk putting him under for an elective surgery. I know a Great Dane breeder/rescuer that does not snip any of his dogs as neutering increases the chances of bone cancer (which danes are already more likely to get). I also try to take a natural./holistic approach to raising/feeding dogs. I feed grain free and BARF, I do not over medicate, and the way I see it dogs evolved for thousands of years keeping all their bits and pieces. I'm not going to mess w/ evolution. If you do decide to spay/neuter please consider waiting until the dog is older, remember they need those hormones to grow.

• I think everyone SHOULD get their dogs spayed/neutered. You can be the most responsible dog owner in the world but it takes a split second for your dog to get out of the yard or the front door. No dog owner is perfect and no dog owner can watch their dog 24/7. Things happen...even if you think they won't happen to you.I think it should be a law to require pet owners to have their pets spayed or neutered.