Where could I get free or low cost animal care in New York City?

I have a 5 months old puppy. The vet I go to is expensive. (Most vets are.) I am looking for a place where I can get a vet without paying too much or maybe nothing at all. I don't want a bad vet either. Does anyone know about any place in New York? I…

I have a 5 months old puppy. The vet I go to is expensive. (Most vets are.) I am looking for a place where I can get a vet without paying too much or maybe nothing at all. I don't want a bad vet either. Does anyone know about any place in New York? I…...
    General Dog Discussions : Where could I get free or low cost animal care in New York City?...

• Where could I get free or low cost animal care in New York City?

Where could I get free or low cost animal care in New York City? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 5 months old puppy. The vet I go to is expensive. (Most vets are.) I am looking for a place where I can get a vet without paying too much or maybe nothing at all. I don't want a bad vet either. Does anyone know about any place in New York? I have heard about PETCO or ASPCA but I don't know much about them.

Where could I get free or low cost animal care in New York City? General Dog Discussions
    • I want you to think about this... Pets are expensive, period. Why would someone who has spent a *minimum* of 6 years post-secondary education (most have 8+ years post seconday), who is good at their job, want to give away their services to someone who obviously doesn't care enough about their animals to give them proper care. You need to *BUDGET* for the basic medical care of your animal, at the very least. These are expenses you can plan for far in advance of needing to pay for them. Lets assume that your vet charges you $100 for an office visit with shots. That's less than $9/month you need to save in order to pay for it. I can tell you, running a vet clinic isn't cheap. Do you have any *idea* what the equiment/supplies costs that they need? (Blood machines, x-ray machines, surgical supplies, equipment, rent). I know a small clinic that needs to bring in at least $2500 per *day* just to keep the lights on. The problem is, in the human field, many of these expenses are hidden from us because of insurance, but they still exist.