How long will it take for my cats to mate?

We have a male cat who is 10 months old and we recently adopted a female cat who just turned a year old... neither is fixed we want them to have kittens (at least one litter) and then we will fix the female cat. my question is how long will it take for…

We have a male cat who is 10 months old and we recently adopted a female cat who just turned a year old... neither is fixed we want them to have kittens (at least one litter) and then we will fix the female cat. my question is how long will it take for…...
    General Dog Discussions : How long will it take for my cats to mate?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How long will it take for my cats to mate?

How long will it take for my cats to mate? General Dog Discussions
      We have a male cat who is 10 months old and we recently adopted a female cat who just turned a year old... neither is fixed we want them to have kittens (at least one litter) and then we will fix the female cat. my question is how long will it take for them to like each other and mate?

How long will it take for my cats to mate? General Dog Discussions
    • They may never if they are smart. Cats don't need or want litters of kittens. If you value your cats, you will call the vet and have both spayed/neutered by end of the month. Unless these are top show quality purebreds with genetic testing done, then there is NO excuse for allowing them to have any litter.

• Oh god, please don't let them reproduce! For every kitten you manage to rehome, you steal one away from a kitten sitting on death row waiting and praying to be adopted so it doesn't have to face the needle. Please spay/neuter your cats, there's many health benefits by doing so and having them desexed makes you a responsible owner.http://neuterspay.org/http://suite101.com/article/benefits-of-neutering-a-male-cat-a112330http://www.adoptapet.com/public/spay_and_neuter/index.htmlIf you think that just having one or two litters won't hurt anybody, this fact should change your mind: according to the Humane Society of the United States, 10,000 babies are born in the U.S. on any given day. On that same day, however, 70,000 puppies and kittens are born. Match those two statistics up, and you'll see that there will never be enough homes for all the animals born in this country unless we all take responsibility for spaying and neutering our pets. Change begins with YOU! Spay or neuter your pet!Spayed/neutered pets live longer, healthier livesSpaying your female pet greatly reduces the risk of breast cancer and completely eliminates the threat of uterine and ovarian cancer. Neutering your male pet prevents testicular cancer and prostate problems, and helps him avoid serious health problems like hernias and perianal tumors.Males neutered at a young age are far less likely to develop dominance or aggression-related behavior problems, including possession and food guarding, territory marking (lifting his leg on everything in sight), aggression toward other dogs, and "humping" inappropriate objects. Neutering your male pet relieves him of the constant urge to go out in search of a female in heat. Ridding him of his urge to roam could very well save his life, and save you from a terrible broken heart.Spaying your dog or cat eliminates her heat cycle and the mess that goes with it. Also, females in heat often cry and howl incessantly, develop nervous behavior, and attract every unaltered male dog in the neighborhood to your yard!Altered animals are generally more docile and easier to train.

• Why would you do something so selfish with the MILLIONS of cats and kittens put down at shelters every year? However many kittens your cats have will be that many more not adopted and PUT TO DEATH. Are you really that cruel that you'd kill kittens at your local shelter? And since I know you won't bother to alter the kittens before you hand them out - potentially add THOUSANDS more to the pet overpopulation problem?If you "adopted" this cat that would imply a shelter. What horrible shelter handed over an unaltered cat to you???? Get both of them altered asap and stop thinking so damn irresponsibly. Shame on you.