how much does it cost to nueter a dog?

if neutering my dog will help him to stop peiing all around the house, then its def something i will consider. whats the pros and cons of neutering, and price? thanx!

if neutering my dog will help him to stop peiing all around the house, then its def something i will consider. whats the pros and cons of neutering, and price? thanx!...
    General Dog Discussions : how much does it cost to nueter a dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• how much does it cost to nueter a dog?

how much does it cost to nueter a dog? General Dog Discussions
      if neutering my dog will help him to stop peiing all around the house, then its def something i will consider. whats the pros and cons of neutering, and price? thanx!

how much does it cost to nueter a dog? General Dog Discussions
    • Pros:Less likely to wander off or run away from homeNo humpingNo marking the houseCan not help produce unwanted puppiesNeutering – The Positive SideNeutering removes the risk of pregnancy. Pet overpopulation is a serious issue and by allowing your dog to breed, you are adding to the problem. Although you may not own the female dog, and you are not burdened with finding homes for those new puppies, someone else is. Even if you accept your responsibility and choose to keep the puppies, you now have the additional cost of vaccines, parasite control, toys and food for several pets. Neutering makes for a calmer dog.Another positive aspect of neutering your dog is that neutering can result in a calmer, and sometimes cleaner, home. Without the drive to mate, your dog may be quieter and not prone to an incessant need to seek out a mate. The neutered dog no longer feels the need to seek out and serenade females. He no longer has the stress of needing to mark his territory and urinate throughout the house and yard. Neutered pets are also easier to get along with. They tend to more gentle and affectionate. Neutered males tend to roam less and typically are not involved in as many fights with other animals.Neutering keeps your dog healthier.A final positive aspect of neutering your dog is that neutered pets tend to have fewer health problems. Neutering is the removal of the testicles. Without these organs, testicular cancer is no longer a concern and the risk of prostate problems is reduced. For those people who would like to sterilize their dog but do not wish to alter his appearance, testicular implants are available. Cons:Not able to breedmay cause slight weight gainNeutering – The Negative SideNeutering is sterilization.Neutering will result in the sterilization of your dog. He will no longer be able to reproduce, so if you intend to breed your animal, do not have him neutered. Neutering changes his appearance.Your dog will look different because his testicles will no longer be present. If the absence of these organs is a cosmetic problem for you, discuss testicular implants with your veterinarian.Neutering may cause weight gain. Some pets gain weight after neutering. Cutting back on his food or increasing his activity can help reduce the weight gain. Last year about 17 million dogs and cats were turned over to animal shelters. Only one out of every 10 taken in to the shelters found a home. This means that over 13.5 million had to be destroyed. The tragedy is that this is unnecessary. Much of the problem could be eliminated by simple surgery: Spaying and neutering operations are performed under general anesthesia and are quite painless. By neutering pets, owners can help lower the numbers of unwanted and homeless creatures.Price of a Neuter: usually between 40 and 80 dollarsbut trust me its worth it

• You are the only thing that will stop him peeing around the house. He needs training. Neutering is not a cure for that and must not be used toward that end. As to cost, only your vet can tell you that.Regarding pros and cons, see my answer to another neutering question.

• Please just do the research yourself as I am not going to do this for you. Just type in neutering a dog and you will see a list of links and you will have just researched it yourself as for that part of your question. As for the cost, please try calling your vet and get an estimate.