My dog straightens and locks solid one of her legs when she rests?

I have a 13 year old Louisiana Catahoula - 65 pound dog. Lately, when she is sleeping or resting on her side, she will extend her front left leg and lock it like a rod of steel. I can not bend it at any of the joints (I do not push on it hard or…

I have a 13 year old Louisiana Catahoula - 65 pound dog. Lately, when she is sleeping or resting on her side, she will extend her front left leg and lock it like a rod of steel. I can not bend it at any of the joints (I do not push on it hard or…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog straightens and locks solid one of her legs when she rests?...

• My dog straightens and locks solid one of her legs when she rests?

My dog straightens and locks solid one of her legs when she rests? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 13 year old Louisiana Catahoula - 65 pound dog. Lately, when she is sleeping or resting on her side, she will extend her front left leg and lock it like a rod of steel. I can not bend it at any of the joints (I do not push on it hard or anything). He other limbs move just fine. Her breathing is not increased and she does not seem stressed or at all uncomfortable.If she is sleeping, she wakes a little when I check on her leg, but falls back asleep.I will check with the vet, but curious of any insight in the mean time.She was a very active and athletic dog up until 6 to 8 months ago when her age & some health issues caught up to her. As such as she is not very active anymore, but the vet always remarks how strong her heart sounds. When she is not sleeping, which she does a lot these days, she is s very alert, interactive, happy and comfortable.Any idea what this leg issue may be? Thanks for any info.Woof

My dog straightens and locks solid one of her legs when she rests? General Dog Discussions