why is my dog bleeding from penis?

i called the vet we r useing in here in n.e. she says it will pass. but he has been doing this off an on since i had him treated for heart worms late last summer. so i dont know what is going on i got him on antibiotics and they r not helping i dont…

i called the vet we r useing in here in n.e. she says it will pass. but he has been doing this off an on since i had him treated for heart worms late last summer. so i dont know what is going on i got him on antibiotics and they r not helping i dont…...
    General Dog Discussions : why is my dog bleeding from penis?...

• why is my dog bleeding from penis?

why is my dog bleeding from penis? General Dog Discussions
      i called the vet we r useing in here in n.e. she says it will pass. but he has been doing this off an on since i had him treated for heart worms late last summer. so i dont know what is going on i got him on antibiotics and they r not helping i dont think. but he dont act sick. so i reading some articles online about this and i read about dogs haveing prostate problems and bleeding from penis was a sideaffect. so what should i do , take him to diff. vet or let it go keep him on antibiotics? he is 3yrs old not nuettered and i have a female but she is spayed so i know thats not what it is. he is also a pitbull if that means anything

why is my dog bleeding from penis? General Dog Discussions
    • My daughter has a dog that bleeds from his penis each and every time he eats human food. No idea why that would make a difference, but it does. Yes, keep him on the antibiotic, but have him ck'd out too as soon as you can.

• keep him on his antibiotics and if you feel that you need to get a second appionion form another vet or tell your vet you want him exsamined for prostate problems.....it mostly depends on how long hes been on the antibiotics.....if you just started them than it may just pass.....but he has been on them for a couple of weeks or somthing like that and its not helping than i would seek out a vet even if its not your normal vet...