If treated right will be Rottweiler become dangerous?

I am sure this sounds silly but I no this bad deal the Rottweilers have got over time is for the most part exaggerated. My 6 month old Puppy Kane is a joy he is a lap dog he is not defensive of us, will this change? I love him the way he is now, I don't…

I am sure this sounds silly but I no this bad deal the Rottweilers have got over time is for the most part exaggerated. My 6 month old Puppy Kane is a joy he is a lap dog he is not defensive of us, will this change? I love him the way he is now, I don't…...
    General Dog Discussions : If treated right will be Rottweiler become dangerous?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If treated right will be Rottweiler become dangerous?

If treated right will be Rottweiler become dangerous? General Dog Discussions
      I am sure this sounds silly but I no this bad deal the Rottweilers have got over time is for the most part exaggerated. My 6 month old Puppy Kane is a joy he is a lap dog he is not defensive of us, will this change? I love him the way he is now, I don't want him to be an aggressive dog.

If treated right will be Rottweiler become dangerous? General Dog Discussions
    • My friend has a huge rottweiler who is a baby.Treat him with lots of love and respect and if he shows signs of aggression which I think is highly unlikely then address it immediately with a dog trainer specifically qualified in training rottweilers. I think he wil be fine though.Good luck.Stop worryinga nd ennjoy your lovely dog

• he will become aggressive...you cant stop it...they usually get very protective once they are older and their guard habits kick in...that just shows he likes you and wants you to be safe....if he doesnt guard you....he doesnt care about you.

• Most dogs get territorial as they mature into adults. They feel its their Duty to alert their owners of intruders. After your pup has had all its puppy vaccinations you need to take him to the dog park and meet as many people as possible. Make sure he is obedience trained. because some dogs are like teenagers & try to see what they can get away with. If your dog knows you are the alpha at all times this will not happen. Another problem is poorly bred dogs. Rotties are extremely popular and of course this causes overbreeding by BYB's with no regard given to mental stability. How were the pups parents dispositions? Did you meet them? Neutering will help a lot at his age too before any adult habits begin. I urge you to do this if this dog is to be kept as a pet only.

• Hi,There is no reason why he shouldn't be the dog you want him to be if reared correctly. Take him to dog training etc so that he gets used to other animals and people. This is an excellent place to start. Good training will help no end.

• He will need to know you are in charge as he gets older - which in coming in about ten minutes. That's a big dog, and while Rotties are very dutiful and wonderful dogs when raised corretly, bad things can happen when they are confused about whether you are in charge or they are. You need to make that disctinctiion right away with the help of a *good* trainer - not a sit/stay instructor at Petco, but an experienced trainer who has worked with working and herding dogs. He will in time start defending you, and you need to make it very clear in a kind way that you are the one who will give the orders. Rotties are bred to work alongside their masters, and need to know you are the top dog. So long as he knows you have the situation under control, he won't feel the need to make things up as he goes along, and try to defend your family. I would also very quickly pick a different name. That one suggests that he is less than sweet, and not only will it evoke the wrong response from other people, but it could easily cost him his life if he were to go anywhere else but in your possession. It also implies that you believe or want him to be imposing and evil, adn that doesn't help a bit. Some people believe Rottweillers to be vicious, and it would take nothing for him to be up for euthanasia. Hardly fair for a dog you love and want to stay sweet.

• Rotweilers are so cute, and they care alot about their owners. That's why they try to protect their owner. when they start to get older, they will start to protect you much much more, so they will bark at strangers, and they will try to attack them. all rotweilers are like that, so you have to raise them when they are puppies, and then they will accept they shouldn't harm you, but to harm others who get close to you. they won't get along with strangers. they will be aggressive to others, they think they want to harm you. so try to keep them away from strangers.

• "Genetics” first and foremost, along with 2 = training, and 3= Socializing" are key to this breed or any other breed. If you acquired him from a reputable breeder then chances are high he has sound genetics. If you acquired him from a BYBer, not so much! Have you researched everything you need to know about the breed? If not get started. Before you took your puppy home, did you hang out at the breeders, ask a ton of questions, and observe the temperament of dam, and sire? Because that is the temperament, your little guy will follow suit too. What you need to do if you have not already, is have a private trainer come to your home to teach you how to train and work this breed. Start intense socializing every day, take him everywhere with you, expose him to everything in life, including small children (under close supervision) small animals, other dogs (no dog parks you will be setting him up to fail), people, pet stores, etc. Ask local merchants if they allow dogs, Home depot is one of them; take him to your friends, if allowed your work when possible, anywhere that allows pets. Exercise is extremely important to this breed. Walk him a minimum of 1hour a day, if possible two hours, one walk in the am and one in the pm. During this time, the two of you will bond and it will keep him from destructive behavior. I have owned Rotties for the last 20 years and two presently, I have never crate trained any of them, I do not know if they even recommend crate training for Rottweiler’s. However I have crate trained some of my American Pit Bull Terriers for when it is an absolute necessary you may want to look into it at least for the puppy months for his safety. Never, ever leave a puppy/dog in a crate for more than 4 hours unless they sleep in it at night. What about spay and neutering. I do NOT agree with people neutering their pets at four and six months especially for Rottweiler’s unless you are having minor behavior problems to help you control him. Do not believe the crap they say about the health benefits of early neutering because it is just that crap! Here is what they do not tell you:On the negative side, neutering a male Rottweiler before 1 year of age:• Significantly increases the risk of osteosarcoma (bone cancer); this is a common cancer in medium/large and larger breeds with a poor prognosis.• increases the risk of cardiac hemangiosarcoma by a factor of 1.6• triples the risk of hypothyroidism• increases the risk of progressive geriatric cognitive impairment• triples the risk of obesity, a common health problem in dogs with many associated health problems• quadruples the small risk (<0.6%) of prostate cancer• doubles the small risk (<1%) of urinary tract cancers• increases the risk of orthopedic disorders• increases the risk of adverse reactions to vaccinationsGood Luck and congratulations you chose an excellent breed!Keep in mind he is only 6 months old and has not come into his own yet and he may not for another 6 to 12 months. However, Rottweiler's are not for the first time or novice dog owner and require a strong hand when owning one. Make sure you have a yard with secured fencing as well. Be a responsible dog owner and make Kane an ambassador for his breed. Lets help change their bad rap (not add to it)!

• I own a 140 pounds Purebred German Rottweiler male and he has remain ever sweet and loving to me and my family since he was a puppy,though he will 100% protect from any harm if anyone was attacking me since he is a proffessionally trained attack/guard/protection dog,same goes for my Canadian gray wolf mix Siberian husky male. Just keep on loving and never mistreat him or else this can cause any dog to become aggressive to its owner.