Yesterday I took my dog to get fixed at 8am at 11:30am the vet called me to tell me he died. What happened?

Is there anything I can do other than write a bad review for this vet? Should the vet compensate me in any way? There was NOTHING wrong with the puppy and the vet is blaming it on a heart problem that has yet to show. We rushed over and he was just…

Yesterday I took my dog to get fixed at 8am at 11:30am the vet called me to tell me he died. What happened?

Is there anything I can do other than write a bad review for this vet? Should the vet compensate me in any way? There was NOTHING wrong with the puppy and the vet is blaming it on a heart problem that has yet to show. We rushed over and he was just…...
    General Dog Discussions : Yesterday I took my dog to get fixed at 8am at 11:30am the vet called me to tell me he died. What happened?...

• Yesterday I took my dog to get fixed at 8am at 11:30am the vet called me to tell me he died. What happened?

Yesterday I took my dog to get fixed at 8am at 11:30am the vet called me to tell me he died. What happened? General Dog Discussions
      Is there anything I can do other than write a bad review for this vet? Should the vet compensate me in any way? There was NOTHING wrong with the puppy and the vet is blaming it on a heart problem that has yet to show. We rushed over and he was just laying there and his surgery was already done and he had been stitched up. (he died after the surgery) He had just peed a little on the blanket.

Yesterday I took my dog to get fixed at 8am at 11:30am the vet called me to tell me he died. What happened? General Dog Discussions
    • Most of the time you are asked to sign something when you bring the dog in for surgery that there may be a chance of death. Vets don't just kill dogs, there is a small risk the animal may die. Or as your vet stated, a heart condition.

• a heart problem?!?!?!Did this vet test on the dog For heart problems Before doing the surgery?if not, i would defiantly go a head A ask for your money back, Or just bring him to a small claims court.i would Read reviews online,To see if this happened before.

• It's always a risk with any surgery, especially with very young or very old dogs. You most likely signed a form prior to the surgery acknowledging this. The only way you can second guess the vet is by requesting a necropsy/autopsy. Speak with your vet about it and decide if you must go forward. I would hope the vet wouldn't charge you for the surgery, but many do.I'm very sorry for your loss and wish you all the best.

• Do you know for sure that pup didn't have a heart condition, or some allergy to what ever drugs were used to put him under for surgery. You don't. Did you ask for a necropsy before jumping to conclusions. if vet says heart then there is nothing you can do. try suing breeder for selling a sick puppy, but you may just be out of luckSo sorry for your loss.

• most vets make you sign a paper stating there this a chance a dog can die during this surgery, it is usually related to the anesthia. And unless you had paid for your vet to do the pre-blood work to test all of the major organs to prevent this from happening, unfortunately there is nothing you can do.no vet is going to purposefully kill an animal during a nueter/spay surgery. how do you know your pup never had a heart problem? have you head murmer and tumor testings done before? weak valves? unless you've spent thousands of dollars getting all of these tests done, there is no way of knowing your dog had a heart condition.since well, obviously you did not get the pre-blood work done. had you have done that, the vet would not have proceeded witht he surgery.if for some reason you think your vet is evil, you may request a necropsy/autopsy.sorry for your loss, i know how hard it is to lose a pet.

• The vet will ALWAYS ask if you want blood work done prior to surgery to rule out any additional risks of putting a dog under anesthesia. Most people don't want to pay for this 'extra step', so they opt out. I'm very sorry about your dog, but you signed something that said you knew the risks, and unfortunately it didn't work out for your little guy. I'm sure the vet feels terrible about it as it is, but you're not due any kind of compensation