all together how much does it cost on a dog per year?

how much does a dog cost per year? like such as shots, toys,food, etc.and how much does it cost to buy a golden retriever or a beagle? plz answer.

how much does a dog cost per year? like such as shots, toys,food, etc.and how much does it cost to buy a golden retriever or a beagle? plz answer....
    General Dog Discussions : all together how much does it cost on a dog per year?...

• all together how much does it cost on a dog per year?

all together how much does it cost on a dog per year? General Dog Discussions
      how much does a dog cost per year? like such as shots, toys,food, etc.and how much does it cost to buy a golden retriever or a beagle? plz answer.

all together how much does it cost on a dog per year? General Dog Discussions
    • I budget around $2000 per year, plus a seperate "vet account" in case of emergencies, which stays topped up at $1500, always. This year it is probably closer to $3000, for initial adoption fee and startup costs (crate, leashes, collars/tags, neuter, puppy vaccs, grooming tools, camping/hiking gear, etc).My dog's food is pretty pricey, but IMO worth it. I also joined my trainer's Obedience Club at a rate of $550 per year, which gives me access to all of his classes, all of his seminars, and one-on-one training sessions whenever I want or need them. I'm a sucker for buying too many toys and treats and bones for my dog, but I stash them away and rotate them regularly so that he doesn't get spoiled and/or bored of them..... but I do generally buy the high quality stuff, made in North America, they are safer, last longer, and my dog likes them better.Check out the links I've posted here for the breed clubs for Beagles and Goldens.... you can start your research there and also find links to good breeders. Prices will vary, but remember, you get what you pay for. You might also want to look at Petfinder and see the dogs and puppies in your area that are in desperate need of loving homes!

• You could adopt either one of those breeds from an animal shelter and save yourself some $ and the life of a poor dog/puppy, plus you save yourself the cost of 1st year shots and the spay or neuter.On average shots are between $35 and $100 per year depending on where you live and what services are available close by. Food will average anywhere from $30+ depending on how high quality you use. Toys will depend on your preference. Kongs are a bit on the expensive side, but they last longer. You also need to consider that life happens and emergency type stuff may happen where you'll need to take it to the vet for any number of things and that can be expensive.Hope this helps.

• well i have 2 dogs Golden Retrievers actually and i love them to death, out of all my dogs that i have they are totally my favorite! They costed about $350 each but it was totally worth it, i wouldnt give them away for a million dollars!!! but anyways i think that a dog costs around $500 - $600 dollars depending on the size and how cheep u r!

• From my calcs, I spend about $960 per year per dog.My breakdown (a little vague)$400 - ann vax + heartworm/flea prevention.$360 - dog food$200 - misc (toys, bowls, treats, beds, leashes etc)I have spent $650 on surgeries this year on one of my dogs already. Nothing emergencies, just standard dental, lump removal + biopsy.Puppies will cost you much, much more. You'll need several trips to the vet in the first few months.$380 = $180 + $100 + $100 (vaccine boosters) $300 - spay/neuterthen add the rest, although I'd bump misc up to at least $400for training, and extra toys.

• I spend roughly $1,000 a year on my dog, and that's if we don't have a huge medical problem on our hands.First year is always the worst. It was $1,500 for my pup, then I had to get shots, vet check, crate, toys, brushes, food, treats, supplies.... Yea I probably spent close to $3,000 or more between buying the dog and everything I needed year one.Puppies vary in price based on breed and where you get one. Breeders are generally $1,000 on up for show quality pups, news paper pricing has anything as fair game, shelters and rescues are usually a couple hundred max... All depends where you go and what your looking for.Add:Tracy- What did you end up having to give your dog with food allergies? Mine has them and I spend about $30 to $40 a month of food, not THAT much.

• lets see and avarage dog food cost about 7.00 a bag 7 x2=14x12= 168 so let say about 200 for food a year and shots are about 60 for once a year shot if you adopt your dog like everyone should it will already be up to date on all shots and already be fixed so I would say about 400 dollars a yearalso if you are looking for a certain dog I would suggest www.petfinder.com to find the dog you want

• To initially buy the dog, I would say $800-$1000 for a pet for a reputable breeder. Then you are looking at another couple rounds of shots and a rabies vaccination initially: $120.00. A spay will cost you $200 or so. If you live in a cold climate, then you need Heartworm preventative at $5 per month x 7 mths= $35.00. (Warm weather then you need it for 12 months.) Flea medication will run you about $4 per month. For an average sized dog, I would say $40 a month to feed. Toys...maybe $40 a year. Treats...$20.00. You can spend more or slightly less.

• Dogs always vary in price depending on how spoiled your dog is, what kind of food you will buy your dog, if your dog has an illness or contracts any kind of sickness, etc. My puppy cost 3,000 including her crate, bed, a few toys, a brush, her first vet appt., shampoo, and a bag of food. Since then, I have probably spent about 150-250 on her shots and vet appointments, another 300 to get her spayed correctly( she is a pug and they sometimes have complications), probably upwards of about 500 on clothes, toys and bones, and then about 100 on food. And that is just in the last 5 months that I have had her. Dogs are extremely expensive, a very big commitment but also are lifelong friends. She is the best decision I have ever made and I don't regret any expense she has put me through.

• We spend about $2,000 - $3,000 per year. If your puppy ends up having food allergies, plan on spending at least $70 per month on food. Puppies are very expensive and so is an older dog. We are at the vet about once every three weeks now that our dog is a senior. You can also get Pet Insurance if the bills get high. You really have to see what you spend on each item and weigh that against the cost of the insurance. It doesn't cover everything and there are copays and deductibles.The love and companionship that a dog brings to your life is well worth the cost!

• If you have an average healthy dog you are looking at between $1,000 - $2,000 a year for food, vacs, toys, and grooming supplies.If you end up with a dog that has skin problems, allergies, or if you have behavioural issues then you can end up spending thousands of dollars on top of this. In one year one of my dogs cost me close to $5000 NZ dollars because he had a beed allergy and he sliced his foot open twice. The first year is the most expensive with pedigree dogs costing upwards of $1,000 (rescuing a dog from a shelter is great for the dog and can save you a lot of money). You should also get your dog speyed or neutered as well as it will save you long term (no unwanted puppies, less agression, and nearly zero chance of breast or testicular cancer).Think carefully about what kind of dog you want and what you are willing to spend - and remember that if you see a cute puppy advertised and the deal looks too good to be true, it probably is. If you are paying for a pure bred dog you want to ask questions and see at least the mum - and if the breeder looks dodgy don't buy the puppy because Backyard Breeders (BYB) puppies will cost you more in the long term.Long story short dogs are expensive and the first year is the most expensive. Do your research and make sure that you have enough money to cover emergency trips to the vet.