Have any experience with prostate cancer in dogs?

My 9 year old pitbull has recently been disagnosed with prostate cancer. It's still in early stages. He has been accepted into the Oncology dept of Missouri University. Im hopeful cause it's some seriously cutting edge stuff. But don't know what to…

My 9 year old pitbull has recently been disagnosed with prostate cancer. It's still in early stages. He has been accepted into the Oncology dept of Missouri University. Im hopeful cause it's some seriously cutting edge stuff. But don't know what to…...
    General Dog Discussions : Have any experience with prostate cancer in dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Have any experience with prostate cancer in dogs?

Have any experience with prostate cancer in dogs? General Dog Discussions
      My 9 year old pitbull has recently been disagnosed with prostate cancer. It's still in early stages. He has been accepted into the Oncology dept of Missouri University. Im hopeful cause it's some seriously cutting edge stuff. But don't know what to expect. Any experience? Will it make him sick? Thanks!

Have any experience with prostate cancer in dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • I think your best source of information is going to be the vet who made the diagnosis. All I can say is if he has to have some Chemo, dogs do tolerate it far better than humans do in terms of side effects, much as going to the vet lots, is bound to be stressful for him. Obviously you have to evaluate the overall health of the dog, and whether this is good, for him, or not. And again, this is one for your vet - wishing him and you good luck with this. Cancer isn't a nice diagnosis, whichever way you look at it.

• There's a nonprofit called 2 Million Dogs that supports the study of canine cancer. They're on Facebook and Twitter. They're a whole support community made of people who have gone through fighting cancer in their dogs, and they can help you learn what to expect. I also second what the other poster said about talking to your vet. It will only help.