Would I be wrong to assume that my dog is allergic to the newly grown cornstalk in the backyard?

Ever since a few weeks ago my dog started itching until he broke skin and he also developed small bumps along his lips. we took him to the vet (he said allergies) and we were given cortisone pills which got rid of the symptoms within a few days. now the…

Would I be wrong to assume that my dog is allergic to the newly grown cornstalk in the backyard?

Ever since a few weeks ago my dog started itching until he broke skin and he also developed small bumps along his lips. we took him to the vet (he said allergies) and we were given cortisone pills which got rid of the symptoms within a few days. now the…...
    General Dog Discussions : Would I be wrong to assume that my dog is allergic to the newly grown cornstalk in the backyard?...

• Would I be wrong to assume that my dog is allergic to the newly grown cornstalk in the backyard?

Would I be wrong to assume that my dog is allergic to the newly grown cornstalk in the backyard? General Dog Discussions
      Ever since a few weeks ago my dog started itching until he broke skin and he also developed small bumps along his lips. we took him to the vet (he said allergies) and we were given cortisone pills which got rid of the symptoms within a few days. now the symptoms are starting to appear again and I want to know if the allergy is possibly due to a corn stalk growing in the backyard.

Would I be wrong to assume that my dog is allergic to the newly grown cornstalk in the backyard? General Dog Discussions
    • that is a possibility. i would try to keep him away from it for a while and see if he has the problem. if he does then you know its something else...if he doesnt you know its the cornstalk

• Probably not unless the puppy touched it.Pollen allergies are respiratory or contact; if the skin reacts, its a contact allergy: something the pup touched or touched the pup. Fleas?Corn pollen does fly far and wide; if you have reason to suspect it cut it down.