Yorkie 2 months old vet help?

ok so my puppy has to go to the vet but idk which vet to go to. also idk if i should get insurance for her or not. i live in glendale heights, ilplease help me. i was thinking petsmart but idkshe just has to go for a checkup...............and shotsgot…

ok so my puppy has to go to the vet but idk which vet to go to. also idk if i should get insurance for her or not. i live in glendale heights, ilplease help me. i was thinking petsmart but idkshe just has to go for a checkup...............and shotsgot…...
    General Dog Discussions : Yorkie 2 months old vet help?...

• Yorkie 2 months old vet help?

Yorkie 2 months old vet help? General Dog Discussions
      ok so my puppy has to go to the vet but idk which vet to go to. also idk if i should get insurance for her or not. i live in glendale heights, ilplease help me. i was thinking petsmart but idkshe just has to go for a checkup...............and shotsgot her from a breeder

Yorkie 2 months old vet help? General Dog Discussions
    • There are a lot of good vets out there, but if you want a really good one those cost money. If you want to find out more about fhe vet you can them search on Yahoo and read reviews about them to see if they are good or not. I don't know about the insurance because my dog doesn't have insurance.

• If this is an emergency, any vet clinic that can take you or an emergency clinic.If you are asking about trying to find a regular veterinarian for your pet, ask around. Take some time and ask people you know with animals to see who they have had good experiences with. Did you get your puppy from a breeder? If so, and they are local, they may have a reference for you. The Banfield Clinic (which is located in the Petsmart) may or may not be right for you, but your veterinarian becomes an integral part of your pet's life, so make sure you like your clinic and its staff. I'm sure if you call around and speak with a few clinics, you will find one that suits your needs. Just remember, on your first visit with your puppy, make sure they are willing to take the time to educate you on how to maintain the health of your puppy and the different vaccines and preventative treatments that are available to you, specifically for the needs of your pet. As for pet insurance: it is definately a good idea. Anything can happen to your pet and veterinary care is expensive. While the size of your puppy tends to make things less expensive (than say a Great Dane), animals are expensive and the insurance typically (if you get the plan) will cover your vaccines, a spay/neuter, emergency care and surgeries, heartworm and flea/tick preventative. While it may not pay for everything, the help is always nice. Check out VPI Pet insurance (you can check out their web site for more info). The amount you pay for the insurance may just be worth it. Also, your vet (when you choose one) can always help you understand how the insurance can benefit you.

• There are plenty of vets in this area. If you don't have a friend or neighbor recommendation look in the yellow pages, pick one and do a Google search for information on the vet. Petsmart is an option for cheaper shots.