Is my Labrador puppy a healthy size? Please read additional details!?

She was born in May, and is now about 45lbs. She was the SMALLEST of the liter when we found her. She eats canned food that has a simple formula because of dietary problems that she has had since she was young, if she has dry food she gets the runs. To…

She was born in May, and is now about 45lbs. She was the SMALLEST of the liter when we found her. She eats canned food that has a simple formula because of dietary problems that she has had since she was young, if she has dry food she gets the runs. To…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is my Labrador puppy a healthy size? Please read additional details!?...

• Is my Labrador puppy a healthy size? Please read additional details!?

Is my Labrador puppy a healthy size? Please read additional details!? General Dog Discussions
      She was born in May, and is now about 45lbs. She was the SMALLEST of the liter when we found her. She eats canned food that has a simple formula because of dietary problems that she has had since she was young, if she has dry food she gets the runs. To me, she looks and behaves like a very healthy dog, but she is just little. I am just curious to know if some Labs grow up to be smaller than others, obviously there are variations within the breed, but I mean much smaller.

Is my Labrador puppy a healthy size? Please read additional details!? General Dog Discussions
    • My male Lab, who is full grown, is only 65 Lbs. You are right, there are variations within the breed. She could also be the runt of the litter. She is not even a year yet so she has not finished growing. They usually top out at their height after a year and fill out by age 2. She may still get bigger. As long as she is a healthy size and is not too thin, she should be fine. Has your vet mentioned anything about her weight?He is about 2 herehttp://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o178/novarobin/Cabottrail002.jpgThis summer with our other dogs. http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o178/novarobin/IMG_2085.jpg

• I just bought & hommed a new Chesapeake puppy. Very similar to the lab. My breeder sold her to me as a "pet Quality". The breeder shows Chessies. After getting my pup I thought she looked beautiful. I asked the breeder why my pup was considered pet quality. I was told that my pup was judged to be one that would never attain the breed size standard. Sure enough, at 10mos she weighs 55lbs. Her litter mate sister weighs 68lbs. I also own an 8yr old Chessy, female. She weighs 78lbs. I'm sure your lab is a healthy pup.