Will my puppy have side effects from her shots?

I'm taking my puppy to the vet tomorrow afternoon for her 3rd set of shots (the first were given by her breeder and the second set by her orginial owners) and I'm wondering if she'll have any side effects from the injections...I'm sure the vet will tell…

I'm taking my puppy to the vet tomorrow afternoon for her 3rd set of shots (the first were given by her breeder and the second set by her orginial owners) and I'm wondering if she'll have any side effects from the injections...I'm sure the vet will tell…...
    General Dog Discussions : Will my puppy have side effects from her shots?...

• Will my puppy have side effects from her shots?

Will my puppy have side effects from her shots? General Dog Discussions
      I'm taking my puppy to the vet tomorrow afternoon for her 3rd set of shots (the first were given by her breeder and the second set by her orginial owners) and I'm wondering if she'll have any side effects from the injections...I'm sure the vet will tell me, or I'll ask, but I was just asking for personal experiences.

Will my puppy have side effects from her shots? General Dog Discussions
    • It's hard to say for sure. If she did fine from her first and second set of shots she should do just fine. However, some breeders or self injectors don't use Lepto in their vaccines.. often times Lepto is one that can cause a vaccine reaction. Don't fret as reactions (hives, swelling, vaccine bump, etc) are rare.Normal things (your vet should go over this) would to expect the puppy to be sore and a little down and out. Our clinic uses Metacam-like puppy aspirin to help them from spiking a fever and being so ouchie, especially for the little ones :)Also your puppy may be old enough to receive Rabies. Rabies is a vaccine that your puppy has never seen before and has a higher risk of causing a reaction-again don't fret! There are vaccines out there that counter the reaction. **Most serious vaccine reactions(life threatening) typically happen within minutes and you are still in or near enough to the clinic for supportive care. (Our vets have only had 3 life threatening reactions in 10+years)Good Luck and thanks for taking proper care of your pup!