What are the needs for my 6 week old shih tzu?

i get my new 6 week old shih tzu in 3 days and the pup hasn't gotten any of his shots yet. So i was wondering what are the exact things i need to start with at the vet? I'm new at owning a dog and i just want a heads up before i go to the vet. Thanks…

i get my new 6 week old shih tzu in 3 days and the pup hasn't gotten any of his shots yet. So i was wondering what are the exact things i need to start with at the vet? I'm new at owning a dog and i just want a heads up before i go to the vet. Thanks…...
    General Dog Discussions : What are the needs for my 6 week old shih tzu?...

• What are the needs for my 6 week old shih tzu?

What are the needs for my 6 week old shih tzu? General Dog Discussions
      i get my new 6 week old shih tzu in 3 days and the pup hasn't gotten any of his shots yet. So i was wondering what are the exact things i need to start with at the vet? I'm new at owning a dog and i just want a heads up before i go to the vet. Thanks folks!i figured it was too soon for it to leave its mom...but i wouldn't buy a pup without its shots, my aunts dog had puppies and shes just giving me one...but she doesnt have time to take all 6 puppies to the vet so she's trying to sell them/give them away.

What are the needs for my 6 week old shih tzu? General Dog Discussions
    • For one thing, the breeder is selling the pup too young. Also you should not buy from a breeder who does not take the pups to the vet to be checked, and shots and wormings have been started. You may end up getting a very sick puppy.For supplies you will need food, water/feed bowls, toys, blankets, a bed or crate, puppy pads, a leash and a collar.

• well, to start off, you do need a vet. ONe that you are comfortable with and that knows you. then you also need a coller and a leash. you should also get a food and water bowl (two different ones) and a pillow for him/her to sleep on. and i would personally suggest (from personal expirience) that you get a kennel and train it to sleep in it when you are not at home. and a doggy brush because shih tzu's have a whole lot of hair. that is all that i can think of. and of course you know that you'll need food. good luck, and congrats!

• Congratulations! on your new puppy!Your vet will tell you what needs to be done by him/her..They will know what shots, and such, and will give the baby a good check up..this you should do right away..Call tomorrow.You ppu is worth a quality dog food.. Get your puppy food from the pet supply shop, and never from the grocery store.. there is NO good dog kibble at the grocery store..and your puppy deserves the best..As the others have said, 2 bowls, blankets, sleeping basket, harness and leash..gentle brush and comb, and puppy shampoo.He will look adorable with the little clips for his hair..