what will happen if I cross an aple head chihuahua with a deer head chihuahua? Will the puppies come out ok?

Will the puppies be cute or will they look like mixed breed? Please someone help me!

what will happen if I cross an aple head chihuahua with a deer head chihuahua? Will the puppies come out ok?

Will the puppies be cute or will they look like mixed breed? Please someone help me!...
    General Dog Discussions : what will happen if I cross an aple head chihuahua with a deer head chihuahua? Will the puppies come out ok?...

• what will happen if I cross an aple head chihuahua with a deer head chihuahua? Will the puppies come out ok?

what will happen if I cross an aple head chihuahua with a deer head chihuahua? Will the puppies come out ok? General Dog Discussions
      Will the puppies be cute or will they look like mixed breed? Please someone help me!

what will happen if I cross an aple head chihuahua with a deer head chihuahua? Will the puppies come out ok? General Dog Discussions
    • You will more than likely have a c section.What do their papers say? If they are not AKC then you are getting mutts no matter what. You really REALLY need to talk to the vet about this because "apple headed" and a lot of other toy breeds have LOTS of problems when they whelp. I am not saying this to discourage(well yes I am) you but when I worked at the vets office it was the most disheartening thing to see these dogs coming in for C sections and DYING because the owner waited so long to get help.Why do you want to breed? Do they have papers, did you show them, will it make your dogs breed better? Are you willing to have your dog DIE during labor and delivery just to get some cute puppies. If you don't know the basics about breeding you really shouldn't even think about it.

• Those are both made up. 'Applehead' is for people who want sickly dogs with small bodies and huge heads, and 'deer' headed is just as bad.They will be normal Chihuahuas, except for the fact that they won't live for but a couple hours, and if they do live, 9 out of 10 will end up in shelters.Why not visit a shelter and see all of the dogs on death row before you contribute? And many people are learning more about Chihuahuas these days, so I doubt these sick ones will sell.Don't Litter; Spay your dog

• Considering that most people here are pet people, rather than actual reputable breeders.. This is a question you should ask your own breeder. You will get silly answers here, you will get byb'd answers and you will get uneducated guesses, and only ' maybe ' an actual honest answer based on experience and knowledge. If you are seriously considering playing games and trying things out.. You should do so only after talking to someone with knowledge and experience. These little puppies are ALIVE and deserve more thought put into their production than just goofy head sizes and shapes..

• Anytime you breed a chihuahua you are putting her in danger of needing a c-section this is $1,200 up and you should have a vet on stand-by the last week of labor or do a planned c-section when they get the xray at day 56 you should do research on breeding the chihuahua you may change your mind when you see the danger and cost As for breeding the apple head and the deer type you will still have a full breed these are chihuahuas the apple head is the show type the deer type is the pet qty like the taco bell dog was but the pups will be fine for a mixing the apple head and deer type together

• if you look at teh standard of a chi you will see that they only come in two kinds long and short hair the head has a specific shape requirement and breeding outside the standard you are looking at pets and unless you know hte background of both dogs atleast 5 genertaions back you should not breed them. theere is a great deal into breeding and you should find a breeder that will work with you and mentor you. Also do not plan on making money especially on these toy breeds good chance that you will loose money if done correctly.First you should have good dogs to breedsecond you should have done your research on teh background as I said atleast 5 generations backboth dogs should be fully genetically tessted and passed all You should know all about breediong and welping before starting and I mean ALLyou should have the female chcked at 4 weeks after breeding and x-rays and sonograms done. she should be checked again at 56 days with another x-rays.Plan on a c-section and hope you won't need one ( this is common with chis). Mom and pups should be seen by the vet within 12 hours after welping.Mom and pups should be wormed at 2,4,6,8,10 and 12 weeks using form vet not over the counter. shots at 6,9 and 12 weeks, mom should be on nutrical during and after preg.mom should be on the best puppy food before breeding and after breeding for the extra nutrition for this.pups will need to start weaning at 4 weeks so figure the extra food. litter should be registered. Pups should go to new homes at 10-12 weeks old yes you are responsable for the wormings and shots. Also beofre breeding you should check the laws in your area for breding and selling of pups. Pups should have homes before they are 4 weeks old.Good luck

• These are still the chihuahua it is true all chihuahuas are the toy breed they come in a long (hair) coat and a smooth coat (short hair) what you are asking about is the type of chihuahuas the apple head is more of the show dog it has the short legs and the almost flat nose and the head is round the deer type is the non show it has long legs and the nose is long it is like the taco bell dog you should really research breeding the chihuahuas before putting her life in danger chihuahuas cant give birth due to the big head and 7 out 10 are born feet first c-section can run $1,200 up and her and the pups can still die