How can I keep a week old puppy from dieing help me please?

Got a puppy that's a week old the mother or any of the sibling wasnt around her eyes still close and will be opening next week I was told please help.

Got a puppy that's a week old the mother or any of the sibling wasnt around her eyes still close and will be opening next week I was told please help....
    General Dog Discussions : How can I keep a week old puppy from dieing help me please?...

• How can I keep a week old puppy from dieing help me please?

How can I keep a week old puppy from dieing help me please? General Dog Discussions
      Got a puppy that's a week old the mother or any of the sibling wasnt around her eyes still close and will be opening next week I was told please help.

How can I keep a week old puppy from dieing help me please? General Dog Discussions
    • http://www.bestfriends.org/theanimals/pdfs/dogs/neonatalpuppycare.pdfhttp://www.ask-the-vet.com/articles/articles.php?ID=21Stimulation for elimination. For the first two weeks of life, puppies are stimulated bytheir mother to encourage urination and defecation. In the absence of their mother, youwill have to provide the stimulation. Massage your puppies’ genital area with a moistcloth to stimulate bladder and bowel action. After two weeks, puppies should urinate anddefecate on their own. Watch them carefully to make sure that happens.Bedding. Use clean newspaper for the first week or so. Newborn puppies can getcaught up in soft cloth and can die if they can’t breathe. After they are able to lift theirheads and move around a bit, you can use a sheet or blanket. Sheets or blanketspurchased from a thrift store are inexpensive and easy to wash. They work great whenfolded and rolled into a nice bed. When your puppies start crawling, and then walking,they’ll use the cloth for traction.Feeding. Newborns will need food every three hours, around the clock. Six or eightmeals, equally spaced over 24 hours, are sufficient for most puppies; small or weakpuppies may need more feedings.You can give your orphans complete nutrition by buying a commercial puppy milkreplacer (such as Esbilac), which can be purchased through your veterinarian or a petsupply store. Commercial milk replacers have feeding directions on the label. In anemergency, you can feed puppies the following recipe, but only use it short-term, until amilk replacer can be purchased:1 cup whole milk 1 pinch salt (I recommend goat's milk instead of cow's milk)1 tablespoon corn oil 3 egg yolks (no whites)Blend the mixture well and warm it to 95 to 100 degrees. Test it on your forearm – themilk should feel slightly warmer than your skin. When the puppies are two and a halfweeks old, you can start feeding them milk replacer at room temperature.There are various methods of feeding orphan puppies. You can use an ordinaryeyedropper, but commercial animal baby bottles can also be purchased. Puppies do nothave a well-developed gag reflex, so you must be very careful not to drown the puppywhile feeding him or her. The size of the hole in the nipple is crucial. If you turn the bottleupside down and the milk drips freely, the hole is too large. The bottle should need alight squeeze for milk to drip out. If you need to enlarge the hole, you can heat a needlewith a lighter and apply it to the hole.Tube-feeding is the easiest, cleanest and most efficient method of hand-feedingnewborns. To tube-feed, you will need to purchase supplies from your veterinarianand have a lesson in the technique used to prevent milk replacer from getting into thepuppy’s lungs. Hand-feeding can generally be ended during the third week.