Is it okay to give my puppy Benodryl daily?

Her vet said for her allergies to give her half of a benodryl every 12-18 hours. Every morning I give her half. Is it safe to give it to her every day or is there a limit?

Her vet said for her allergies to give her half of a benodryl every 12-18 hours. Every morning I give her half. Is it safe to give it to her every day or is there a limit?...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it okay to give my puppy Benodryl daily?...

• Is it okay to give my puppy Benodryl daily?

Is it okay to give my puppy Benodryl daily? General Dog Discussions
      Her vet said for her allergies to give her half of a benodryl every 12-18 hours. Every morning I give her half. Is it safe to give it to her every day or is there a limit?

Is it okay to give my puppy Benodryl daily? General Dog Discussions
    • i have a 40 pound dog and i give her benodryl 3 times a day. the vet told me to as well. she has been taking it for 2 years now and she has had no side effects. it just keeps there nose ears and eyes clear

• My dog has allergies and my vet said to give him benadryl. We started on prednisone (long term it ruins kidneys) so we started doing every other day prednisone and then benadryl and now it's just a benadryl every other day. I would defiantely call your vet before giving any animal benadryl.

• Hi KristinYes, her Vet is correct. Benadryl is commonly used as a treatment for allergies, and breathing issues. And yes it can be used on a daily basis.Best of luck,Rebel