What is the testing procedure for allergies?

I want to find out if I'm even allergic to dogs, because I've been around my aunt's Labrador, and I was petting him and rubbing my nose in his fur as a test and I was fine, this was a few days ago. Now in the Spring, my friend got a new puppy and I did…

I want to find out if I'm even allergic to dogs, because I've been around my aunt's Labrador, and I was petting him and rubbing my nose in his fur as a test and I was fine, this was a few days ago. Now in the Spring, my friend got a new puppy and I did…...
    General Dog Discussions : What is the testing procedure for allergies?...

• What is the testing procedure for allergies?

What is the testing procedure for allergies? General Dog Discussions
      I want to find out if I'm even allergic to dogs, because I've been around my aunt's Labrador, and I was petting him and rubbing my nose in his fur as a test and I was fine, this was a few days ago. Now in the Spring, my friend got a new puppy and I did the same thing, but this was an outdoor test and I did have a bad reaction, but I always have bad allergies in the spring, so I'm wondering what the procedure is for testing what I'm allergic to?

What is the testing procedure for allergies? General Dog Discussions
    • There are a couple of ways to test for allergy (see below). The simplest procedure is a blood test that tests for antibodies produced against specific allergens.The other procedure is a skin test where the allergen itself is applied to the skin to see if the immune system produces a reaction like a bump or itchy swelling.Either procedure can provide accurate results. Consult with your physician for more information.If you are allergic to dogs immunotherapy or allergy shots may help. I'm a Vet and I'm allergic to both dogs and cats. Without Allergy shots I'd have to do something else.