My 12 year old cat may have diabetes. Does anyone have experience with this?

She is not overweight and has always been healthy and active. No health problems. She injured herself ( not sure how) and has had trouble walking. We have her in a safe bedroom in the house as directed by vet until she heals better.

She is not overweight and has always been healthy and active. No health problems. She injured herself ( not sure how) and has had trouble walking. We have her in a safe bedroom in the house as directed by vet until she heals better....
    General Dog Discussions : My 12 year old cat may have diabetes. Does anyone have experience with this?...

• My 12 year old cat may have diabetes. Does anyone have experience with this?

My 12 year old cat may have diabetes. Does anyone have experience with this? General Dog Discussions
      She is not overweight and has always been healthy and active. No health problems. She injured herself ( not sure how) and has had trouble walking. We have her in a safe bedroom in the house as directed by vet until she heals better.

My 12 year old cat may have diabetes. Does anyone have experience with this? General Dog Discussions
    • It shouldn't be too difficult to handle - its quite common in older cats and dogs and isn't necessarily cause by weight problems or other health problems.Depending on the type of diabetes she has (your vet will test her and tell you) you may have to learn how to inject her with insulin on a daily basis ( during a couple of quick sessions with the vet), or it might be just a case of feeding her special cat food, or preparing special meals for her to keep it under control. Usualy it's the latter. Your vet should be able to give you all the advice you need on her condition and there should be plenty of info about diabetes in cats online.