things you need when getting a new puppy and how to train. do i need to add any thing else?

wow... this will take a while. ha hatake the dog to the vet if the breeder dose not have pappers proving the dog has had his/her shots (rabies and parvo shots are most important!!!)! shots will need to be given once a year. make sure you ask questions…

things you need when getting a new puppy and how to train. do i need to add any thing else?

wow... this will take a while. ha hatake the dog to the vet if the breeder dose not have pappers proving the dog has had his/her shots (rabies and parvo shots are most important!!!)! shots will need to be given once a year. make sure you ask questions…...
    General Dog Discussions : things you need when getting a new puppy and how to train. do i need to add any thing else?...

• things you need when getting a new puppy and how to train. do i need to add any thing else?

things you need when getting a new puppy and how to train. do i need to add any thing else? General Dog Discussions
      wow... this will take a while. ha hatake the dog to the vet if the breeder dose not have pappers proving the dog has had his/her shots (rabies and parvo shots are most important!!!)! shots will need to be given once a year. make sure you ask questions about this to the breeder! =)you must get dog tags for your dog at the court house (usually $15 unless you are renewing late then it usually it $25 but since your new you should only have to pay around $15 it may vary depending were you live.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~about the breeds. take into consideration how much time you have to groom them (short hair dog if you have little time), play with them (medium to small if little time), age of children in house hold (if small kids a larger breed is less snappyer and better with kids), and more. you will need to make sure your kids know not to pull on their ears or tails (do not disiplin dog if they snap at a child becuase of this merly yell and say no for about a minute to make sure they know you are disapointed and that it is not accepable). also i suggest a breed with a short back (so no Dashounds unless you can pay big vet bills posibly). i suggest you not get a mutt becuase its size is unknown, they can have more complications than purebreds, and temperment will be unknown. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ok the things you needleashcollar/harnessdog tag with name on it and your phone number (optional especally if you dog has a city tag)tattoo (optional it is just another way to identify your dog)computer chip (also optional same reson as tatoo may not be entirely dependable since it can come out out move down to different area)treatspuppy foodtoysa large cage (if it is a small breed a small-medium cage will do) (i recomend using it for 2-3 years before letting him/her sleep in the house freely)rawhide boneswater and food dish a bunch of papper towls, plastic bags (do not have to buy any thing fancy though)pooper scoopernail trimernail fiela brust (with metal brustles to get rid of shedding and a soft brush to brush off dust on the other side tip short hair dogs actually shed more than long hair breeds but still require less grooming)front line (to protect from fleas and tick)flea soapflea spray (powerder form is ok for carpet but not as strong and effective) (EXSTREAMLY handly to spray on the floor if you dog gets fleas the eggs can stay in your carpet as eggs/larvay for up to 6 years before hatching and reaping habic on your family and pet/s. get somthing that can be sprayed on the dog safely if he/she gets fleas. spray to cover the body but keep AWAY from face and head! dog may pant and pace all night. RINSE OFF IN MORNING! garente all fleas and flea eggs dead on dogs)a cable to tie your dog if you do not have fencinga dog bed (or some old rugs or blankets will do fine)a dog house (in case the dog is left out side by accident not nessisary IF AND ONLY IF you have a shelter they can go under)ear cleaner (they come in lil pad like wipe form)a clicker may be useful for trainingtraining treats (somthing small and it works best if you get a really meaty flavored treat some come in stick form and it is perfectly fine to break them up in smaller peaces)a sweater (if the dog has short hair make sure you put it on them in winter or cold days!)a life jacket (if dog dose NOT have webbed feet. put you fingers in between their toes to check)dog door with lock (ONLY IF IT IS A SMALL DOG BREED optional)spot cleaner (to get rid of pet stains in the carpet)bitter spray or hot sauce (if your dog ends up a chewer)news papperdoggy steps (if it is a small breed)a little tub to keep toys/bones/and moreand most importantly PASHENTS! ha hawhen house training a pup wait till he/she poops/pees in the house. when you see the pup doing it smack them firmly and say no while taking them to the door to let them poop out side. if waist has already been dropped (like if you come home and find it) smack the dog and say no very sternly while shoving its face in or very close to the poop or pee then let them out side the go while you clean up the mess via bags or papper towles. when you leave (especally for a long time) spread news papper on the floor and make sure your dog has acess to to (put on hard surfuce for best results). do NOT punish a dog for peeing or pooping on papper. to train a dog to go on the papper place them on the papper to correct them instead of puting them out side to go. when they poop or pee on the papper while your gone prase them and give them a treat!puppy training. as a puppy there is NOTHING more important than socalising him/her with other dogs. take your pup to dog parks, dog fairs/events, parks, and other places were dogs are allowed. get them socalised to other kids and other dogs. also somthing important to do is train your dog to respect you and your family. play with their ears and feet as much as you can through out their lives!to leash train your puppy i recomend you do this at the age of 2 or 3. it will be harder but the pup needs to be a pup. keep leash in both hands and have dog walk beside you on you left side. when the dog tries to pull forward yank back. and say walk. praise your dog when he/she alks on a loose leash. do in home or back yard untill you get nearly perfect results. when you stop make them sit. pull up on the leash (only use a collar for training ok?) so that the collar pulls on there throat and push down on top part of rump while saying sit in an authoritative way (if dog has loose enough skin in the arean pinch it using your whole hand gently). go to the front of the dog and stand quietly to make him stay if he seems like he will get up return to his side quickly and praise him. repeat untill he dose it for a good long time. use a fisy in a non thretening way as a signal for the dog to sit. in the later steps when he under stands the command word sit. to get a dog to lay make a peace sito leash train your puppy i recomend you do this at the age of 2 or 3. it will be harder but the pup needs to be a pup. keep leash in both hands and have dog walk beside you on you left side. when the dog tries to pull forward yank back. and say walk. praise your dog when he/she alks on a loose leash. do in home or back yard untill you get nearly perfect results. when you stop make them sit. pull up on the leash (only use a collar for training ok?) so that the collar pulls on there throat and push down on top part of rump while saying sit in an authoritative way (if dog has loose enough skin in the arean pinch it using your whole hand gently). go to the front of the dog and stand quietly to make him stay if he seems like he will get up return to his side quickly and praise him. repeat untill he dose it for a good long time. use a fisy in a non thretening way as a signal for the dog to sit. in the later steps when he under stands the command word sit. to get a dog to lay make a it sit.to get a dog to leave it have them lay down and put a treat near her and tell her to leave it. if she gose after the treat smack her lightly on the nose and say leave it again in a stern voice. once the dog leaves it for 10 seconds or so say release in a happy voice and praise the dog while she eats. repeat untill time left is 2 minute or more (may take several days in sessions).did i miss any information? =)

things you need when getting a new puppy and how to train. do i need to add any thing else? General Dog Discussions
    • be forewarned-dont attempt to train a dog yourself if you are not a dog trainer. You need to go to puppy classes.Also when teaching the leave it command you dont smack the dog on the nose not even lightly.I have a therapy dog and leave it is a very important command so that your dog does not eat a pill that can be harmful to them. You hold a treat in your hand, and say Leave it, and when your dog goes for it, you say "ah-ah!" in a strict tone and close your hand then open it and try again. Give her a few seconds and then have a different treat ready to give her as praise.