i gave my dog some chocolate will she die?

ok i know its such a stupid question!!! i know ur not supposed to give dogs chocolate but i was eating this double chocolate cake i took home from a friend's bbq last night and my dog was looking at me with really sad eyes (she clearly wanted some cake)…

ok i know its such a stupid question!!! i know ur not supposed to give dogs chocolate but i was eating this double chocolate cake i took home from a friend's bbq last night and my dog was looking at me with really sad eyes (she clearly wanted some cake)…...
    General Dog Discussions : i gave my dog some chocolate will she die?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• i gave my dog some chocolate will she die?

i gave my dog some chocolate will she die? General Dog Discussions
      ok i know its such a stupid question!!! i know ur not supposed to give dogs chocolate but i was eating this double chocolate cake i took home from a friend's bbq last night and my dog was looking at me with really sad eyes (she clearly wanted some cake) so i gave her about a third of the cake cuz i felt bad. i did this a few hours ago and now im a bit worried cuz my dog doesnt look too good i dont want to take her to the vet cuz i feel like the vet will call me stupid and stuff. what can i do (without having to go to the vet and everything) to help my dog???? im very worried answer fast plz thanks

i gave my dog some chocolate will she die? General Dog Discussions
    • nohe wont die even if you keep giving dogs chocolate for your entire lifemy dog are chocolate for months. nothing happened but after some time i noticed that his hair started falling out then i stopped giving him chocolate and everything was OK

• My dog ate an entire cake a few weeks ago! She didn't die or even throw up or have diarrhea. Trust me, your dog doesn't look as bad as you think - it's your mind playing tricks on you. She'll be fine.On the other hand, if she DOES start vomiting blood or having diarrhea, you should call the vet as soon as possible. It most likely won't get that way though.

• 10% of all dogs lack the gene needed to metabolise theobromine, and that means that 10% of all dogs can't eat chocolate. You can't tell if yours is one of them or not until its too late.Get your dog to the vet and they can make her vomit.In future, a crumb of treat is enough, not a third of a cake.

• do not worry your dog will be fine she might have an upset stomach give her some oatmeal and plenty of fluids to make her go to the toilet and she will pass it out yhen give her milk to drinh as this will soothe her stomach good luck excuse my typing eye sight not great