Why does my dog keeps drinking my other dogs pee?

Both dogs are male and I feed them Purina dog food so why does he do it? Some times I have to threaten to hit him to get him to stop.

Both dogs are male and I feed them Purina dog food so why does he do it? Some times I have to threaten to hit him to get him to stop....
    General Dog Discussions : Why does my dog keeps drinking my other dogs pee?...

• Why does my dog keeps drinking my other dogs pee?

Why does my dog keeps drinking my other dogs pee? General Dog Discussions
      Both dogs are male and I feed them Purina dog food so why does he do it? Some times I have to threaten to hit him to get him to stop.

Why does my dog keeps drinking my other dogs pee? General Dog Discussions
    • You can virtually eliminate this behavior by neutering your male dogs.That is about the only way. Your male dog is testing the other male urine for hormones which indicate if he is in season and ready for breeding. And, so it is normal.Hormones in the pee. Also one may be coming into heat soon.You can't feed anything to either of them to make the urine less enticing to an intact male - it's natures way of ensuring the species.

• First i would suggest just because it is there dogs are very curious and may taste anything. Also he might get thirsty quick and will drink anything drinkable. A solution is to let your dogs go where he can't lick it up, teach him not to, carry him a water bottle, or take him to a vet

• You should never raise a hand to your dog, it will cause it to become scared and will confuse the dog.Have you tried the Dog Training Guide? I know I bang on about it, but it really is a must for anyone that owns a dog with behaviour problems. Its basically a 12 week course, totally free. They email you a chapter from the book each week ... Im on chapter 9 at the moment. The emails are ever so helpful. Check the source. All you do is give them your name and email address and you get Chapter 1 instantly.Hope it helps.