Can my dog properly raise my abandoned kittens with her milk?

My kittens were abandoned by the mother cat to early for them to adopt normal food (one seems to be on the verge of dying), and they refuse to eat/drink anything else for the most part. I recently discovered that they adopted the dog as mother. They…

My kittens were abandoned by the mother cat to early for them to adopt normal food (one seems to be on the verge of dying), and they refuse to eat/drink anything else for the most part. I recently discovered that they adopted the dog as mother. They…...
    General Dog Discussions : Can my dog properly raise my abandoned kittens with her milk?...

• Can my dog properly raise my abandoned kittens with her milk?

Can my dog properly raise my abandoned kittens with her milk? General Dog Discussions
      My kittens were abandoned by the mother cat to early for them to adopt normal food (one seems to be on the verge of dying), and they refuse to eat/drink anything else for the most part. I recently discovered that they adopted the dog as mother. They definitely are sucking from the dog, but it doesn't seem that they are getting milk from the nipples, how can I be certain that they are getting milk?It would also be useful to know how I could get the dog to adopt the kittens as her own.

Can my dog properly raise my abandoned kittens with her milk? General Dog Discussions
    • Dogs can and will take care of kittens so that is fine. If the problem procedes then take the kittens to the vet fast!!! Get some formula from the local pet store or even a close walmart. also get a few bottels to hand feed them with.