What medicine should I put on my dogs infection?

These two dogs wandered upon my porch today. Really sweet medium sized dogs. One is a mix between a blue and red heeled and the other is a black thing. The black dog has a wound type area the size of my palm on her hind quarter. It's severely infected…

These two dogs wandered upon my porch today. Really sweet medium sized dogs. One is a mix between a blue and red heeled and the other is a black thing. The black dog has a wound type area the size of my palm on her hind quarter. It's severely infected…...
    General Dog Discussions : What medicine should I put on my dogs infection?...

• What medicine should I put on my dogs infection?

What medicine should I put on my dogs infection? General Dog Discussions
      These two dogs wandered upon my porch today. Really sweet medium sized dogs. One is a mix between a blue and red heeled and the other is a black thing. The black dog has a wound type area the size of my palm on her hind quarter. It's severely infected and I don't know what to do. And I'm only 13 and home alone so I can't buy anything. I have basic first aid materials.

What medicine should I put on my dogs infection? General Dog Discussions
    • I know it's upsetting to see an animal hurt, but you shouldn't touch the wound. You don't know the dog and if its In pain it could snap at you. Give the dogs some water and if you have any spare dog or cat food you could give them that. Call the local vets or rescue centre they will be able to treat them properly.

• Do you have hydrogen peroxide(in the brown bottle)? If you do, use a cotton ball or soft washcloth and soak it with the hydrogen peroxide and use it to SOFTLY wipe the affected area. If there is a sort of crust, allow the soaked cotton/washcloth to soak on the crust to soften it and gently wipe away. Feed the dog and give lots of water. And allow him to rest. Take him to the vet if possible, my dog ended up having one of the worst infections the vet had ever seen and my total was around $120. So hopefully it's not as expensive for you either.