What kind of worm and the best treatment?

I noticed last night that my dog sat down and scooted his hindend. Then this am after his morning poop I did not find any worms, but when we came inside I did notice a long dark work near his hind quarters. Any ideas as to what kind and the cheapest…

I noticed last night that my dog sat down and scooted his hindend. Then this am after his morning poop I did not find any worms, but when we came inside I did notice a long dark work near his hind quarters. Any ideas as to what kind and the cheapest…...
    General Dog Discussions : What kind of worm and the best treatment?...

• What kind of worm and the best treatment?

What kind of worm and the best treatment? General Dog Discussions
      I noticed last night that my dog sat down and scooted his hindend. Then this am after his morning poop I did not find any worms, but when we came inside I did notice a long dark work near his hind quarters. Any ideas as to what kind and the cheapest treatment, and can I buy it over the counter. Instead of incuring a vet bill.

What kind of worm and the best treatment? General Dog Discussions
    • Scooted his rear end is more then likely a sign of impacted anal glands. When he went poop hi may have expressed the gland leaving the dark spot. Wash him and keep an eye on him. If he keeps scooting you will either have to learn how to express the glands or take to a groomer to have it done.

• Sounds like his anal glands to me. But, for the future the old fashioned way of worming animals is to get some cod liver oil add chopped up garlic and make the dog drink it. A lot of dogs like cod liver oil but if you have to pour it down the dogs throat.