Aside from AKC papering your dog, is there anyway to have a certificate of legal ownership?

One of my dogs, though he is a purebred, doesn't have his papers. I don't specifically what to register him with the AKC, but I am wondering if there is any where or any way to get a certificate of ownership for him???

Aside from AKC papering your dog, is there anyway to have a certificate of legal ownership?

One of my dogs, though he is a purebred, doesn't have his papers. I don't specifically what to register him with the AKC, but I am wondering if there is any where or any way to get a certificate of ownership for him???...
    General Dog Discussions : Aside from AKC papering your dog, is there anyway to have a certificate of legal ownership?...

• Aside from AKC papering your dog, is there anyway to have a certificate of legal ownership?

Aside from AKC papering your dog, is there anyway to have a certificate of legal ownership? General Dog Discussions
      One of my dogs, though he is a purebred, doesn't have his papers. I don't specifically what to register him with the AKC, but I am wondering if there is any where or any way to get a certificate of ownership for him???

Aside from AKC papering your dog, is there anyway to have a certificate of legal ownership? General Dog Discussions
    • If you're just worried about establishing legal ownership there are a few things you can do. By taking your dog to a vet you are stating that you are the legal owner of that pet, you generally sign something to that extent.Having the dog microchipped and registered in your name will also establish ownership. The same is true with tattoos. The great thing about both of these is that they'll get your pet back home to you if he's ever lost.

• A receipt from the vet will do should you need itHis rabies certificateDog LicenseAND once he's neutered you can get an ILP "registry" paper from AKC if you desirethis is sorta like the "apendix" registry for horses that are halfbreds but it say the dog appears purebred but of unknown parentage - you need the neuter certificate and a picture....