My dog needs to go under for a endoscopy?

My dog has been sick for a long time, chronic vomiting, diarrhea etc. After numerous blood tests, ultrasounds, and x rays they suggested we go an endoscopy. I'm worried of course mainly about the side effects of him being put under. I'm scared that…

My dog has been sick for a long time, chronic vomiting, diarrhea etc. After numerous blood tests, ultrasounds, and x rays they suggested we go an endoscopy. I'm worried of course mainly about the side effects of him being put under. I'm scared that…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog needs to go under for a endoscopy?...

• My dog needs to go under for a endoscopy?

My dog needs to go under for a endoscopy? General Dog Discussions
      My dog has been sick for a long time, chronic vomiting, diarrhea etc. After numerous blood tests, ultrasounds, and x rays they suggested we go an endoscopy. I'm worried of course mainly about the side effects of him being put under. I'm scared that something will happen to him. I just need some reassurance I guess. The vet keeps telling us he will be fine and that they have done the procedure plenty of times but I am still worried. Any advice or stories or reassurance would be appreciated!

My dog needs to go under for a endoscopy? General Dog Discussions
    • If your dog has been neutered, he's already been sedated before. The risk from sedation is there, but when a dog has already been sedated, that's a good sign things will go well again. Also, we will run bloodwork and ecg prior to sedation to make sure the kidneys and liver and also the heart are in good order before we even begin. You could ask whether this would be a safety thing that could bring you comfort with the sedation.I have had the test done on myself, and it was pretty okay. Not bad.I hope they find the problem with your dog and are just able to fix it soon!vet tech