What can I do after volunteering to foster two dogs from a rescue group run out of my state?

The 2 dogs were brought to my home for temp. foster care and now the foster group simply will not pick them up. Dogs need vet care.

What can I do after volunteering to foster two dogs from a rescue group run out of my state?

The 2 dogs were brought to my home for temp. foster care and now the foster group simply will not pick them up. Dogs need vet care....
    General Dog Discussions : What can I do after volunteering to foster two dogs from a rescue group run out of my state?...

• What can I do after volunteering to foster two dogs from a rescue group run out of my state?

What can I do after volunteering to foster two dogs from a rescue group run out of my state? General Dog Discussions
      The 2 dogs were brought to my home for temp. foster care and now the foster group simply will not pick them up. Dogs need vet care.

What can I do after volunteering to foster two dogs from a rescue group run out of my state? General Dog Discussions
    • If the rescue was asked to leave the state they most likely were not a great rescue. Can you get them to sign the dogs over to you or another rescue? Have you contacted your local animal shelter or the agency that "ran the rescue out" to find out what you should do with these dogs? They might be considered evidence if there is a pending lawsuit by the humane authorities. It sounds as if the dogs might now be your responsibility. Try checking around to see if there are other rescues in your area who are willing to help. You could try suing in small claims court for expenses, especially if you have a contract stating the rescue is responsible for bills. Do you have anything in writing from the rescue stating their responsibilities vs your responsibilities or is it all verbal?

• Check state/local laws on animal abandonment - usually if the owner (in this case the rescue group) has been contacted and has not picked up their animals within 3-10 days (depending on the law), they are considered "abandoned" and may be released to a shelter or other animal rescue group.In the short term, I would contact your regular vet and explain the situation, they may be willing to provide free/reduced care for the dogs. Keep trying to contact the rescue group and give them a time frame: "next Saturday I am surrendering these dogs to (rescue group)." Keep a written record of all correspondence (use e-mail if possible).Good luck!