I need a carry on kennel for my 7 lbs puppy to travel with me on a airplane. What size and where to buy?

Please send links and the proper size kennel for her. She is a cocker spaniel and I am guess-imating that she will be about 7lbs when we travel.Also, please include the proper size kennel for her at 13.5 lbs. I was told that she is smaller than the…

I need a carry on kennel for my 7 lbs puppy to travel with me on a airplane. What size and where to buy?

Please send links and the proper size kennel for her. She is a cocker spaniel and I am guess-imating that she will be about 7lbs when we travel.Also, please include the proper size kennel for her at 13.5 lbs. I was told that she is smaller than the…...
    General Dog Discussions : I need a carry on kennel for my 7 lbs puppy to travel with me on a airplane. What size and where to buy?...

• I need a carry on kennel for my 7 lbs puppy to travel with me on a airplane. What size and where to buy?

I need a carry on kennel for my 7 lbs puppy to travel with me on a airplane. What size and where to buy? General Dog Discussions
      Please send links and the proper size kennel for her. She is a cocker spaniel and I am guess-imating that she will be about 7lbs when we travel.Also, please include the proper size kennel for her at 13.5 lbs. I was told that she is smaller than the average cocker spaniel and may not grow larger than 13.5 lbs.

I need a carry on kennel for my 7 lbs puppy to travel with me on a airplane. What size and where to buy? General Dog Discussions
    • Your airline will tell you all this and they also have crates. Don't let them put her in baggage, you want to fly her under your seat. There are forms you need to fill out, so go talk to the airline.

• It depends on the airline. They have links for traveling pets. NEVER check your dog. If its small enough to fit under the seat, its fine. Collapsible crates or doggy purses are the best for travel. As long as it has room to stand and turn around, its fine. Its hard to tell what size to get at full grown, because you wont be able to tell until then. I went through 3 crates thinking my dog wouldnt get any bigger. Also, many airlines require a Health Certificate to go on a plane.

• the airline has guidelines on sizes that fit carry-on standardsI really doubt your cocker will be that tiny.. even my Crested is abit larger than that.. and cockers are quite abit bigger than Cresteds. Im afraid most dogs that size are too large for carry-on crates. Not only must a crate fit the size guidelines... the dog also has to fit comfortably in the crate.

• Ok, you need a kennel big enough for her to move, stretch and sleep in. Make sure sure you give Your dog a blanket from home which smells comforting and give your dog a little teddy so he still feels at home in his travel kennel. Ask your vet for a suitable travel kennel and he shall help you out a bit more. Good Luck!