Why is my dog eating grass all of a sudden?

She's a seven year old Pomeranian, and I've never seen her eat grass before. She's healthy and well fed. When I was taking her for a walk all of a sudden she kept eating grass, she just wouldn't stop. Is it true this means she may have worms? If there's…

She's a seven year old Pomeranian, and I've never seen her eat grass before. She's healthy and well fed. When I was taking her for a walk all of a sudden she kept eating grass, she just wouldn't stop. Is it true this means she may have worms? If there's…...
    General Dog Discussions : Why is my dog eating grass all of a sudden?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why is my dog eating grass all of a sudden?

Why is my dog eating grass all of a sudden? General Dog Discussions
      She's a seven year old Pomeranian, and I've never seen her eat grass before. She's healthy and well fed. When I was taking her for a walk all of a sudden she kept eating grass, she just wouldn't stop. Is it true this means she may have worms? If there's a chance there's a problem I'd deffinitly want to take her to the vet, but I really can't afford it if this is in fact harmless. Any info would be great, thanks in advance!

Why is my dog eating grass all of a sudden? General Dog Discussions
    • Hello there.Good question and the answer is simple too,your dog is going through food poisoning (either it previouslyate things the it shouldn't eat or something else)It's normal for dogs or cats to eat grass because somethingin grass calm the process from letting them feelingstomach ache or diarrhea.Just let your dog eat the grass.

• Your dog's stomach likely hurts. My dog wants to do this everytime she skips a meal (she's a picky eater). Do NOT let her eat grass because, while it may make her vomit, it can also make her bleed internally (this has happened to my dog, and the vet said don't let her eat grass). If she's otherwise completely fine, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. If she keeps doing it, she might have tummy troubles and I'd see a vet. Good luck.

• Dogs usually eat grass when they have an upset stomach because grass makes them vomit. Do not let your dog eat grass. It can get caught in her throat, she wont be able to digest it, since it isn't digested, if she eats enough, it could cause a blockage in her intestines. It will also make her vomit. I don't know why she would have all of a sudden started eating grass unless she as tummy issues. It could be that you are giving her some human food and it is making her sick or, her dog food isn't agreeing with her tummy. You may want to consider changing her food if this continues. Don't give her any human food at all. If it doesn't stop, you may need to take her to the vet but, try keeping her from eating grass, cut out all human food and change her food to see if that helps. If it doesn't, you will need to take her to the vet. Are there any worms in her poop?

• your dog is a pom, I have a 11 year old pom. she eats grass when she has tummy ache. to dogs grasses are like aspirins or pepto-bismol. Yes, grass will make them vomit and that helps their tummy ache to end if not, they'll keep doing it. however, a pom tends to have hairballs. make sure you brush your pom a lot to rid of loose hairs to prevent your dog from swallowing them when she scratches (biting her skin) or licks herself. hairballs tend to upset their stomach.