How can you tell if your dog has a hair-ball?

For the past 2 days when my dog (lab/springer mix) starts to bark/howl she will start sounding like she's coughing or something in between barking/howling. She was just at the vet this weekend is up to date with her shots and everything. She also was…

For the past 2 days when my dog (lab/springer mix) starts to bark/howl she will start sounding like she's coughing or something in between barking/howling. She was just at the vet this weekend is up to date with her shots and everything. She also was…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can you tell if your dog has a hair-ball?...

• How can you tell if your dog has a hair-ball?

How can you tell if your dog has a hair-ball? General Dog Discussions
      For the past 2 days when my dog (lab/springer mix) starts to bark/howl she will start sounding like she's coughing or something in between barking/howling. She was just at the vet this weekend is up to date with her shots and everything. She also was boarded there for the weekend because my family had to go somewhere.

How can you tell if your dog has a hair-ball? General Dog Discussions
    • I have never heard of a dog getting a hairball. Cats will get them because of the way that they groom themselves.Most likely your dog has kennel cough. The dog will have an cough, sounding like he is trying to get something up. I would definitely contact your vet to let them know what is going on. They may want you to bring her in so that they can listen to her and get some medication to help. Most dogs recover after a few days but it can progress into pneumonia.